PDA

View Full Version : Clearwater

snapdragon
23-04-2007, 18:47
I am looking to take my family to Clearwater /St Petes Beach this September I was last there back in 1991. What are the areas like now for families I remember it being very nice and relaxing (pior to having children). Are there any areas to steer clear of? Which areas would be recomended for sight seeing.[msnsmile2]

Milly
23-04-2007, 22:07
Hi we went to Clearwater and St Petes over easter and they where both very nice.

I think they are both very nice, cleawater was very busy while we were there go during the week.

[msnsmile2]

SDJ
24-04-2007, 01:07
Clearwater Beach is still a lovely relaxing place to go to with no particular areas to avoid.

Whilst there you could take a trip to Tarpon Springs which is where the Sponge Docks are. It is a little Greece with plenty of Greek restaurants and pattiseries and 'pavements' that you can wander around on!!!

Sandra

LiesaAnna
24-04-2007, 02:17
sounds lovely will put on our lists to do!!

Milly
24-04-2007, 10:20
Hi

I think we are going there in October when we are next there.

Thanks for that

Dianne

orlandochris
24-04-2007, 12:58
We're planning a day trip to Clearwater in June. Had some good reports back from family who went last year so we have added it to out 'must do' list.

vinpau
23-08-2007, 15:53
This forum has given us loads of ideas for things to do when visit in October - so thanks for that. We're thinking of staying over in Clearwater for a night or two, we've never been to the gulf coast before - we've got two children who are early teens,can you recommend any good hotels in nice areas that aren't too pricey ?

rosegarden
20-09-2007, 15:23
Something anyone coming to Clearwater should know at the moment, there is a lot of roadworks going on. It's a bit of a pain and parking is a problem during busy times. If you can find a hotel that is close to most places, and in the beach area they tend to be OK, then go for that and walk.
Ask local tourist board for inexpensive inns. If you are going just for a couple of days and so teens don't need tons of nightlife, clubs etc, then a little farther south, sand key to St Pete Beach, theres a few miles of beach with nice little hotels, in October you can pretty well find vacancies in small places anywhere.
Good luck and have a good time