PDA

View Full Version : under 25's car hire

silversurfer
15-09-2003, 19:46
Hi, I'm going to Orlando in a couple of weeks, but as I'm 24 I get stung by 'young driver surcharges' on car rentals. I'm only after a small cheap car (for two people) for 14 days. Does anyone know of a car hire company/deal where I can get a cheap car without having to pay an extra $20 a day because I'm 6 months too young?

Thanks guys

blott
15-09-2003, 22:24
Hi silversurfer

As far as I'm aware, all Florida car rental companies have an under 25 surcharge for drivers. The one company that I know of that did a special offer at one time which didn't have the surcharge, went out of business!

Having said that, the car rental available from here doesn't actually say there's any surcharge from what I can see so it may be worthwhile asking?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-09-2003, 22:34
Our car hire caries a $25 per day surcharge (payable locally) fot those under 25.

millie
18-09-2003, 03:05
We visited when I was under 25. We booked through Virgin and we got the most expensive insurance which was £25 or so a day. This included under 25 year old drivers so worked out not that much more expensive. You should check our Dollar (that was the car hire company) and ask them but maybe your tour operator does a deal which includes the surcharge with the normal insurance.

hyte1
09-11-2003, 14:32
We have just booked with Virgin and took out the most expensive insurance cover as blott mentioned, its an extra £26 a day but covers everything including extra drivers and a tank of fuel.

craig_emptage
16-01-2004, 22:30
Has anyone used i-carrental.com before? Some of their quotes do not charge under 25's surcharge and seem quite reasonable.