PDA

View Full Version : Alamo vs Dollar help

Pudders
21-04-2007, 15:24
Hi All,

We're really keen to hire 3 cars for us and our families for our wedding trip next year to Orlando. Having been out a number of times we usually use Alamo as they have been very good.

My question is - on the Florida Carhire site (above), can you choose between Alamo or Dollar as when I run my quote it always seems to come up with just Dollar? Having not used them before we're in the mind set of "What are they like compared to Alamo"

Is there an option to choose between them on the site?

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks

CERICROWLEY
21-04-2007, 16:13
Clayton

We have used Dollar from here now for a numerous trips we take, and the cars and the service are just as good as Alamo.

When we put a quote in we normally find we have three choices. Alamo, Dollar and Budget. Have used Alamo the first time, and as usual service was great, we tend to choose Dollar now as we have an express members card, and that the prices are usually a bit cheaper. but apart from that there is really no difference between them, they may have certain different cars from each other.

blott
21-04-2007, 16:17
I think you'll find it's because Alamo prices haven't been announced for 2008 yet but Dollar's have.

Dollar tend to have a newer fleet which gets changed more often and we've always found them to be excellent.

roger
21-04-2007, 16:20
At present we do not have Alamo rates for date as far ahead as Dollar. By May we should have Alamo rates to the end of 2008 as with Dollar.

There is very little to choose between Alamo and Dollar in terms of quality. Most people tend to stick with the supplier they first use if they are a regular customer.

caroline
21-04-2007, 16:35
We've used Alamo and Dollar - but now always stick with Dollar, mainly because of the express membership - the only advantage with Alamo over Dollar is that they seem to let you select your car from the row, whereas Dollar allocate the actual car, however Dollars cars have always been great and if you don't like what you've been given they 're more than happy to let you swap.

Pudders
23-04-2007, 13:13
Thanks for all your help. I didn't relise that Dollar don't let you choose your vehicle. We like the fact that Alamo let you pick so will probably use them.

Thanks.

ShirleyD
23-04-2007, 13:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pudders
Thanks for all your help. I didn't relise that Dollar don't let you choose your vehicle. We like the fact that Alamo let you pick so will probably use them.

Thanks.
[/quote]
We also like the fact that Alamo let you choose your car, but I normally choose Dollar now because you can jump the queue by signing up with Dollar Express. That can be very useful when a jumbo full of passengers has arrived just before you!

Nikki D
26-04-2007, 22:22
Dollar always comes up as being cheaper than alamo too. May not be too much but cheaper all the same

Im not really tight you know. Just I always seem to pay top prices for my flights so I feel happy when I can save on things like car hire and tickets from this site.[: