PDA

View Full Version : us airways

sean
15-09-2003, 04:56
Hi
As anybody flown with US Airways from the UK.
Do they have the little tv screens in the back of the head rest.

villainthesun
15-09-2003, 12:23
Hi Sean

I've flown with US Airways to the US and back six times in the past couple of years, and always been very happy with their service.

With regard to the TV screens, it depends which aircraft is operated on the route you're flying. If you're on one of their Airbus 330s, which are operated on most Gatwick flights, then you'll be enjoying what is probably the best inflight entertainment system of any transatlantic carrier. They have seatback TVs with video on demand, which means you can watch what you want, when you want, and pause, rewind etc. at your leisure.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-09-2003, 12:36
We've flown with them a couple of times from MAN-PHL. They also operate the A330's on that route and they have the seat back systems too. In fact, they are the best entertainment systems we have had...food was a bit iffy last time though :(.

villainthesun
15-09-2003, 14:19
I can never understand when people complain about airline food. In my experience it's always been very good, considering the limitations they're under. There's certainly very rarely anything left in my tray by the time I've finished! Perhaps I'm just easily pleased. The only thing that does make me unhappy is when they run out of my choice of meal before they get to me - always try and get pre-assigned seats as near the front of the aircraft as possible!

Will be flying with them in Envoy class next time in December, so it'll be interesting to see how that compares.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-09-2003, 15:35
The reason we said what we said about the US Airways food is probably a lot to do with us being veggies and the US airlines not rerally knowing what to make for us. The food they gave us was just inedible so we left it.

Not all airlines are like this and many serve beautiful food which looks good under the difficulat conditions they have to serve it under. We flew bmi this April and the food was delicious. The time before last when we flew US Airways the food was very good too (perhaps they were just having an off-day the last time we flew with them).

Envoy class looks good...let us know what you think Adrian :).

villainthesun
15-09-2003, 15:55
Ah, that might explain it. I don't think the Americans really understand the concept of "vegetarian" do they? Although I'm a "normal" food person myself.

Will report back on the Envoy experience. With the upgrades, I'm looking forward to the flights just as much as I am the fortnight in Florida in between!!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-09-2003, 16:26
You're right there Adrian - we went to Texas in 1999 and one person actually said to us "Have you seen a physician about that?" when we mentioned we were vegetarian :D. Things are getting better though and there is now quite a lot of choice (in Florida anyway) if you know where to look ;).

I'm like you and really enjoy the flight over too and think of it very much as part of the holiday.

mikewj
15-09-2003, 17:00
You do get the odd funny look as a veggy in the USA......and some very odd food on flights !

We're so used to being given the full meat meals ("I am sorry, but you have to understand that we can't guarantee any special dietary requirements") that we take sandwiches these days !

villainthesun
15-09-2003, 17:44
quote:I'm like you and really enjoy the flight over too and think of it very much as part of the holiday.

Couldn't agree more, the holiday starts for me as soon as I get on the coach or train to the airport. And why fly direct when you can take the scenic route?! (Plus I much prefer MCO to SFB.)

And surely any decent airline should be able to provide mikewj with a special meal if required. Which ones don't do it?