PDA

View Full Version : Booking hotels

sean
15-09-2003, 03:29
Can anybody help
I have booked a 15 day holiday to florida in Oct with my family.
We arrive in Tampa then we plan to travel to Naples for 5 days then up to Oralndo for halloween, and finish off back in Tampa.
Is it best to pre book my hotels or can I get a better deal by just turning up at the hotels and taking a chance.

Regards

Sean

Chris7
15-09-2003, 03:46
If you're travelling alone and prepared to take a chance on where you end up, you can get some great deals by turning up and taking what is available. If you have family (or don't want to end up sleeping in the car park), I'd book now!;)

florida4sun
15-09-2003, 04:30
Each tiome I have tried this approach, its been a nightmare. Evening spent looking for a hotel, all decent hotels booked up and the rates are not that much cheaper than hunting around on line. Usually it is the cheap motels that have offers. Fine if you dont have any kids. Personally I think everyone works hard for a vacation and whats a few extra dollars to end up somewhere nice without any hassle.
I have always found the best deals are dorect with the hotels.
Martin

quote:Originally posted by sean

Can anybody help
I have booked a 15 day holiday to florida in Oct with my family.
We arrive in Tampa then we plan to travel to Naples for 5 days then up to Oralndo for halloween, and finish off back in Tampa.
Is it best to pre book my hotels or can I get a better deal by just turning up at the hotels and taking a chance.

Regards

Sean

chrisj
15-09-2003, 13:08
when we were single (no kids) we always just turned up found a hotel and saved lots. With kids
I would pre-book the hotels. it doesnt bother me having to drive around searching for a hotel
on the day, but with youngsters I wouldnt do it.

bellaepovera
15-09-2003, 15:41
There are very nice hotels right on the beach in Marco Island, which is 16 miles from Naples. I would reserve before hand. Hilton, Radison are just two of hotels that i remember that were right on the beach.

coombsyl
19-09-2003, 00:38
When hubs and I toured around a few years ago the only hotel we booked was the first one in Orlando for a few days. We then took off with hotel books in hand (although we mainly used Best Western)and never had any problem booking in anywhere. We got good prices and nice upgrades a lot of the time. We were actually travelling over Thanksgiving too so it was a pretty busy time.

We felt that the whole experience of "how long shall we stay here" and "where shall we stop tonight" was just great. We stayed in places we wouldn't have thought of, like Singer Island, and really enjoyed it.