PDA

View Full Version : booking hotels in florida

sean
15-09-2003, 02:58
Can anybody help me,
I am travelling to Florida in Oct with my family. I intend to start in Tampa the go down to naples and stay in the Registry Resort.
Than over to Orlando for Halloween and finish back off in Tampa.
I heard you can get good Hotel rates when just turning up at the Hotel.
Is this true or is it best to pre-book my hotels.
Regards

Sean

chrizzy100
15-09-2003, 06:11
quote:Originally posted by sean

Can anybody help me,
I am travelling to Florida in Oct with my family. I intend to start in Tampa the go down to naples and stay in the Registry Resort.
Regards

Sean

We have just turned up...it was around $35 a night in May.....if you moving from one hotel to another stay in the same chain and ask if there's a discount for doing that ...we always found that was the case...

jtijani
29-11-2004, 02:22
why dont you try and stay in a villa, you will enjoy it a lot more. unless you plan to get more than one room. When we went last year, we stayed at the Rosen Centre, which was a very good hotel, however being in one room all the time with kids, was a bit too much, especially if one parent is trying to rest or sleep and the kids want to play.

The Lungos
04-06-2005, 15:31
Great place to stay!

05-06-2005, 14:51
If there are more than 2 of you I would not think ab out a hotel - a villa would be more cost effective. If you leave it and just turn up it is very risky if its a busy time[msnwink]

If you have children the pool, luxury and space in a villa just cannot be beaten[msnwink]

Steve and Dawn
19-06-2005, 16:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sean
Can anybody help me,
Regards

Sean
[/quote]

That's not always the case, the hotel will try to get the Rack Room Rate if they can. I used to Use a company called "Know before you go" they have an office at the traffic lights at Sandlake and I drive. They get discounted rates. We stayed at the Rosen Center for $60 a night, whereas when we tried direct to the hotel their best price was $125. I think it all depends how full they are.

Cruella DeVilla
19-06-2005, 17:29
Sean,

Have you considered a villa? Most of the villas are 15 minutes to Disney and with all the fun they have at Halloween you can just pop backwards and forwards to the parks when you feel like it?

chrizzy100
19-06-2005, 18:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Steve and Dawn
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sean
Can anybody help me,
Regards

Sean
[/quote]

That's not always the case, the hotel will try to get the Rack Room Rate if they can. I used to Use a company called "Know before you go" they have an office at the traffic lights at Sandlake and I drive. They get discounted rates. We stayed at the Rosen Center for $60 a night, whereas when we tried direct to the hotel their best price was $125. I think it all depends how full they are.

[/quote]

I'm sure he's been and gone by now........but it looks like he was doing a small roadtrip.......so any of the tour centres will give you a good rate on a hotel for your first night......and then the hotel just books you your next room in a different area......we have got great rates that way in the past......

florida
20-06-2005, 01:16
Highly recommend the Registry Resort, it is one of the more expensive hotels in that area.