PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Sept 2003

Jubes
14-09-2003, 19:14
Hi all,

We are returning to Florida for another 2 weeks of Joy and Mayhem! in 2 weeks time, all 12 of us can't wait!!:D[8D]

I have attached our Itinerary for viewing, any more suggestions which we can try and pack into our fun packed fortnight

P.S We had an itinerary last year, what a great idea for large groups, plan in advance so there is no wasted time in magical Florida[8D]

Jubes

[b]Attachment: Holiday Itinary.xls ('Data/2003914151348_Holiday Itinary.xls')#9;16.75KB

Chris7
14-09-2003, 21:00
I also am a fan of the itinerary (much to the amusement of my friends)[:p]

You might want to rethink which days you should do each park. The Water Parks for example are busyest Sat/Sun as there is an influx of locals, and some Disney Parks allow visiors who stay at their hotels to get in 12 hour before everyone else on certain days, so it makes sence to avoid these.

Water Parks are quietest Mon/Tue. Seaworld is also quiet on Monday so full marks there!
IOA quiet Tuesday - OK
AK - quiet on Saturday
Universal is quietes on Wednesday, but Monay shouldn't be too busy

MGM is OK for Tuesday, but Thursday is quieter

Hope this Helps

PS what is Don Pablo's like - we've never been and as you have it first and last I'm guessing it must be good:D

Jubes
15-09-2003, 00:31
Chris,

We went to Don Pablos on I-Drive last year, it was brilliant[8D]
but eat too much[:p]

You will have to go next time!

Jubes

chrizzy100
15-09-2003, 01:28
quote:Originally posted by Chris7

I also am a fan of the itinerary (much to the amusement of my friends)[:p]

You might want to rethink which days you should do each park. The Water Parks for example are busyest Sat/Sun as there is an influx of locals, and some Disney Parks allow visiors who stay at their hotels to get in 12 hour before everyone else on certain days, so it makes sence to avoid these.

Water Parks are quietest Mon/Tue. Seaworld is also quiet on Monday so full marks there!
IOA quiet Tuesday - OK
AK - quiet on Saturday
Universal is quietes on Wednesday, but Monay shouldn't be too busy

MGM is OK for Tuesday, but Thursday is quieter

Hope this Helps

PS what is Don Pablo's like - we've never been and as you have it first and last I'm guessing it must be good:D

I like staying in the Disney Hotels and getting into the parks early....I'll still do that even having a place there....I love the Disney hotels....:D

Chris7
15-09-2003, 03:41
I'm not objecting to Disney letting their guests in early, but when you know what days they let people into which parks, it pays for the rest of us to avoid them!;)

nelly
15-09-2003, 04:35
dont go to epcot.
its pants
i have spoke to no one who has been and said it was good.
ohh look at that it looks like france! so what

chrisj
15-09-2003, 13:12
Epcot is brilliant, well we think so. It is the only park that we have stayed in from
opening to close, and will go back next year.

Chris7
15-09-2003, 23:35
Epcot does tend to divide people into 2 camps. Personally I thought it boring and dated (many of the "house of the future" products have been on sale for years), but I have friends who think it is the best park of all:)

chrisj
16-09-2003, 00:22
mind you to be fair you could argue all the parks are dated in someway or other. The point
is one person wont like a park and others will. At least in Florida you have the choice of
many parks to see. Some you will not like, others you will.

an example of a dated park, Bush Gardens 13 years ago did the Indiana Jones show, they were
still doing it this year, may have changed a bit, but I have 13 year old photos that are
very similar to ones taken a few months ago.

Chris7
16-09-2003, 02:28
That's true (although I can't go back 13 years;)), but Indy is timeless (I still play the games on the PC), but epcot creeps me out a bit (knowing that Walt had this vision of a real community living there in his artificail world is a bit too much like 1984)

chrisj
16-09-2003, 12:55
Must admit you have to admire Walt, now there was a very wise man with so much
vision. We saw a show dedicated to him at MGM, it was brilliant to see his life
and what he went through.

Truely a great man

Chris7
16-09-2003, 16:15
A true visionery, but some of the accounts (outside Disney) have him as a real tyrant and a bit mad[:I]

I think that creative genius often goes with eccentricity, but regardless of his "personality" and the fact that Disney is a money making machine, they haven't lost sight (as so many corporations do) of what matters to customers.

There is a great book called "Be Our Guest" produced by Disney which outlines some of their philosopies and management techniques.

When you think that most of their staff will be on minimum wage, the same as for Wal-Mart. Compare the attitudes of Disney staff with those at Wal-Mart. I think you'll know what I mean!;)

chrisj
16-09-2003, 17:45
Shame there isnt anymore like him around today

chrizzy100
16-09-2003, 20:48
quote:Originally posted by chrisj

Epcot is brilliant, well we think so. It is the only park that we have stayed in from
opening to close, and will go back next year.

We love Epcot...its the only Disney Park we'll make it to this Christmas....we have to much to do on the house...