PDA

View Full Version : Budget and Mustangs

gilders
10-04-2007, 21:20
I'm just curious to know how many people have booked an intermediate car from Budget and received a Mustang which is used as the example car. I'm not keen on the other cars offered by Budget, so even a free upgrade wouldn't make me happy.
I'll be collecting from MCO if that helps.
Thanks Pete

wrpac00
10-04-2007, 22:42
I booked a convertable with Budget last year which they pictured as a Mustang. Didn't get one and didn't see any in their parking area at MCO.

I had a bad experience with Budget and their Customer services were very poor, personally I will never book with them again.

gilders
10-04-2007, 22:51
Thanks for the reply.
It wasn't really the convertable I was after, I think the boot space will be a little small. The price that gets quoted for the coupe version seems like a great deal, but if they never have them and I don't want any of the other Budget cars it might not be worth me chancing Budget. At least Dollar have a few cars that I like if my first choice is not available.

BarryR
11-04-2007, 00:09
We've hired a Mustang convertable from Hertz in the past. We could only get one large suitcase in the boot (trunk) and had to take the top down to lift the other on to the back seats. It was a real pain to and from the airport but was great fun to cruise around in for the rest of the holiday.

wrpac00
11-04-2007, 15:51
You have to do the same with the Sebring but as there is only two of us it isn't a problem.

canarypam
11-04-2007, 16:53
We were told by the assistant at Dollar that they used to have Mustangs but they were having too many stolen so they stopped supplying them!

Florida Joy
11-04-2007, 17:17
We tried to hire a Mustang from Budget as their's was the only site showing Mustangs as being available. We even phoned their MCO office and checked that they accually had Mustangs available to which the stock answer was "yes but they cannot guarantee the specific model" but based on this we booked.
However when we got to Orlando International one of our cases go lost between the customs hall and the baggage reclaim and it took us 3 hours to find it. So by the time we got to the Budget desk and begged for our Mustang "sorry all gone but we will give you something special"
We ended up with a Suzuki Vitara[msnsad]no comparison [msneek]

christhear
11-04-2007, 17:41
We got a Mustang from Budget in February and it was attrocious. The woman at the booth in the car park said oh you've got the party car.
First of all we couldn't fit 2 large suitcaes in it so one went in the back with my son. The handling was awful, and in the light of day it looked like it had been used for a party - it was quite dirty inside.
We had trouble trying to change it as everywhere local we rang up only had Mustangs. Eventually downgraded just to get rid of it.
We may have been unlucky but I would never hire one again. I suppose if you get a new one it might be all right bur this one was well passed its sell by date.
In fact due to the lack of choice when trying to change the car we will never hire through budget again.

xtratime
11-04-2007, 18:42
I have booked a car with Budget of of MIA via this site at the end of June. Based on some of the replies here, I'm wondering should I look to change to Dollar although all I was given by them two years ago was a Kia (intermediate)which was horrendously underpowered. Does anyone have any positive experiences of budget?

Lesley S
11-04-2007, 20:42
WE've used Budget twice and have had no problems whatsoever.

Macka
11-04-2007, 21:01
I've hired from Budget in the past and the experience wasn't great but not horrific.

It's called budget for a reason though folks......

roger
11-04-2007, 21:21
We try not to be too biased towards any one of our suppliers, but the only thing I would comment on is that Dollar and Alamo change their cars after approx 6 months compared to 2 years or more with Budget, so some of the comments above may be justified.

Sometimes it is better to spend a little more for a slightly better quality car (note, we make the same profit on all suppliers and types, so have no financial gain in recommending any car or supplier over another).

carolmc
12-04-2007, 02:07
I have used Budget on five occasions - no problems at all, which is more than I could say for Dollar[msnmad]

Kazzie
12-04-2007, 02:51
We normally opt for Dollar and apart from our last time with them in February have never had a problem. Thanks to Roger, our problem was sorted with a part refund[msnsmile]

Karen

KJH
21-04-2007, 01:43
Hi Roger,

Any news on Budget for Las Vegas yet?

Thanks

canarypam
22-04-2007, 02:54
Hi all

We hired a convertable through this site and budget. After reading the postings on here we decided not to risk Budget and changed to Dollar (the only reason we booked Budget was because we fancied a Mustang instead of a Sebring this time). Anyway Roger and co were very helpful as usual and we changed to Dollar no probs. When we got to the Dollar desk at MCO there were no convertables available and we had to wait for one to be returned. We had just negotitated getting a Chrysler 300 for a couple of days when we were told that a convertable had just been returned. Guess what it was a brand new Mustang !!!! It is great so we are very happy.

Kazzie
22-04-2007, 03:48
Great news Pam, enjoy![msnsmile]

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by canarypam
Hi all

We hired a convertable through this site and budget. After reading the postings on here we decided not to risk Budget and changed to Dollar (the only reason we booked Budget was because we fancied a Mustang instead of a Sebring this time). Anyway Roger and co were very helpful as usual and we changed to Dollar no probs. When we got to the Dollar desk at MCO there were no convertables available and we had to wait for one to be returned. We had just negotitated getting a Chrysler 300 for a couple of days when we were told that a convertable had just been returned. Guess what it was a brand new Mustang !!!! It is great so we are very happy.
[/quote]

chrizzy100
22-04-2007, 07:57
I've not used Budget in FL...its always come out more pricey then any of the others.......we use them in MA and they have always been OK...

I like Alamo best...they try to make you upgrade at the desk...but we never have and still get an upgrade when we go over to the cars...they never seem to have any of the cheap ones we book there...