PDA

View Full Version : Which park for which age too many to choose?

Curious
08-04-2007, 01:45
I appreciate all the expert adivce on this forum. Could you please let me know what you would think is a priority to see for 1st time Florida visitor? The kids are 7 and 6 years old.

We are doing Disney Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. But are they too young for Seaworld, Universal.

Jill
08-04-2007, 02:05
I do not think they are too young for Seaworld and know several youngsters who have been and throughly enjoyed the park. There are lots of different shows during the day which are very entertaining and suitable for all ages. When ours were young they especially liked watching the penguins, the shamu show is great and if you do not want to get wet do NOT sit at the front.

Seaworld does have its own website if you want to check and see what is available.

dawn
08-04-2007, 02:29
If my 6 year old had to choose it would definately be Seaworld - he loves the dolphins, stingrays and shows. Universal is good too, but Seaworld does have more to offer for that age group. You can now get a 1 day, 2 park ticket from the park ticket link on here for Universal, which would work well - www.park-tickets.com

Kazzie
08-04-2007, 02:33
At Universal Studios there are a lot of things for the younger child that they would enjoy but I also agree that Seaworld would be a good choice.

Karen

Paula D-S
08-04-2007, 10:14
If you are going to Universal Islands of Adventure make sure you take with you a costume of a change of clothes for your little ones. The water play areas are wonderful.
MGM is also a favourite with our family as it has lots of magical shows.

Have a wonderful time planning your holiday.[msncool]

christhear
08-04-2007, 14:25
I believe that Seaworld is a must, they also introduced a few kiddie rides last year, ideal for 6 & 7 year olds, these can be found in Shamu's happy harbour. Its also a good idea to take a swim suit here or change of clothes as there is a water play area.

mizzy
08-04-2007, 16:31
i would say the magic kingdom is a must but i would also say to take it slowly and spend some time just chilling out, it's so easy to over do things in the rush to show the children everything, we did this the first time only to have both children poorly at some point during the holiday

a plus side to not seeing everything is that you always have a great excuse to go back[msnsmile]

it's also a good idea to book a character meal, this way you won't be standing in long queues waiting for autographs as the characters will come to your table as you eat

mizzy

sundowner
08-04-2007, 20:14
We first went to Orlando when our kids were 9 and 10 (now 29 and 30). They loved Universal and always enjoy going back there. Having said that, in the past couple of years Islands of Adventure has a great draw and is another favourite.

I think the kids would love IoA if they like Dr Seuss and Spiderman (just two examples). Best thing would be to go onto their websites and take a look.

Problem is that all of the parks offer at least one thing that we all want to go see, therefore you feel you have to visit all of them. This is the main reason we have gone back year after year because there is always something new to see. Hope this has been helpful.

Mary

pieman790
08-04-2007, 20:20
Magic Kingdom is a must and Islands of Adventure

pbensur
08-04-2007, 21:02
In my opinion, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Sea World are the best choices for a first trip and kids at those ages. Sea World will offer a whole different experience for them and give you some diversity. I would save the other parks for when they are a bit older. We always take at least one day off in between park days. You may want to plan a trip to Gatorland on one of your off days - it's a great 1/2 day attraction. Or maybe if you find that you're not up to yet another full day at the parks, then maybe opt for Gatorland instead of Sea World.
Have fun!

MTP
09-04-2007, 04:00
I would agree with those suggesting Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Sea World (have also heard good reports about their Dine with Shamu experience, which may suit this age group). I would also add in Epcot as they may really enjoy the different countries, plus Soarin', the Land and Sea Pavilions are all good.

ccarcher
10-04-2007, 14:22
From what I have seen and read on here, Cypress Gardens appears to be an excellent introduction for the younger 1st time visitor to the Orlando Theme Parks

Plenty to do without the queues, and will certainly be on my trip come July

abbeyvillas
10-04-2007, 17:56
Magic Kingdom is a must for young children. Once you have parked your car you have 2 options to get into Magic Kingdom, via ferry boat or monorail. If it's your first vist, take the ferry boat across and use the monorail for your return journey. I love to see the childrens faces when you go across the lake on the ferryboat. It's magical as you see the Magic Kingdom castle looming towards you from across the lake. Also they will see some of the Disney characters, often Donald and Mickey, water-ski-ing alonside the boat. We always try to catch the Monorail back to the car park on our way home as it's quicker.

Sea World is one of our favourite parks. It's lovely and also a must for young children, especially if they love animals. The shows are good too.
Pam & Jeanette