PDA

View Full Version : Space mountain

esprit
03-03-2002, 04:00
A circular dark roller coaster ride past stars and planets, this ride really is old hat now, without even the accelerated take off of the version in Paris. But nevertheless, people still run to it as soon as the park gates open. Why??? Because it is a classic! So unscary, you could take your Mum on it, but it still attracts the queues.

Julie Carty

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
03-03-2002, 04:10
It scared the pants off me when I was 11 (1978)...I still don't like to go near it :). My sister tells me it is great...but she would she loves rollercoasters.

John & Satah

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

Edited by - floridadreamvilla.co.uk on 03/03/2002 00:10:47

Edited by - floridadreamvilla.co.uk on 03/03/2002 08:53:41

MMFAN
03-03-2002, 04:54
People go to it because it's fun. A roller coaster in the dark is still fairly unusual (Rockin' Roller Coaster at MGM is an updated version). Did you know that Space Mountain is the highest "mountain" in Florida?

esprit
03-03-2002, 14:23
Gather you have not been on the Hulk yet then, John and Sarah? MGM's Rock n Roller coaster is in another league to Space Mountain entirely. That one does have an accelerated take off like the Hulk does. You leave your stomach behind!!!

Julie Carty

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
03-03-2002, 14:26
Sarah was trying to get me on the Hulk but one look at it was enough for me. Give me something a bit more sedate any day :).

John & Sarah

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

athurstance
03-03-2002, 20:18
Space Mountain is still fun although I wouldn't rate it highly as a coaster - I am a Hulk fan and love Rock n Rollercoaster. My boys - 9 and 7 really enjoy it - I expect it is quite a buzz for a 7 year old.

Ruth
06-03-2002, 02:51
I still rate space mountain and consider it reasonably scary, I think because you sit on your own (ie have no one next to you).

Ruth

MMFAN
06-03-2002, 02:56
I think the point is that Space Mountain is not in the same classification as an outdoors open air coaster. Comparing it to such is mixing apples and oranges. In it's class, Space Mountain is fun. The Space Mountain in DisneyLAND adds music to the ride, which does improve it an unexpected amount, and as noted earlier the Disney Paris one adds music and an accelerated start.

tinkerbell
27-03-2002, 20:56
As has been said before, Space Mountain is a classic ride! The Magic Kingdom wouldn't look the same without it! Even from a distance! The reason people flock to it s because it IS Disney !!! The first time I went on it in 1992, I was pertrified, basically as it is in the dark, and down to the fear of the unexpected! My Mum still wont go on it!