PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm a newbie

Tashmina
13-09-2003, 03:02
Hey There Everyone!:D
My name is Tash and after holidaying in Europe all my life I've been swung by my partner (not literally!) to go across the pond and try the US of A! He has visited before but to be honest it never appealed to me until I researched on the net and now I cannot wait to go!!!
I'm looking for a hotel somewhere in the Clearwater/St Pete's area to relax after doing a week of Disney etc...any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Look forward to hearing from you :)

Beverley
13-09-2003, 03:22
Hi Tash,
Welcome to the forum.
Have a look at the following links they may be some help

www.clearwaterbeach.com
www.floridasbeach.com

Why not post an enquiry through this site and rent a villa in those areas?:)

huckleberry house
13-09-2003, 10:54
Hi Tash
Welcome to the forums,you will not regret your decision to visit Florida,it has so much to offer,if you are renting a Villa near Disney you may never want to stay in a Hotel again so like Beverley said you might be better looking for a Villa on the coast.
If you are staying an extra week on the coast you could consider somewhere further on such as Naples or Marco Island,I believe it is stunning.
Lesley

bellaepovera
13-09-2003, 13:59
Hi and welcome to the forum. As i always say, once you visit Florida you will never want to go anywhere else. Disney area is filled with things to do and the beaches of Florida are the best!! This forum has a lot of info on everything to do in Florida.

Cowboy
13-09-2003, 14:27
Hi Tash,
Welcome to the forums. You will never regret going to Florida. Perhaps you ought to book a return visit for the following year because once you have had a taste you will want more:D
We have stayed at St. Pete several times and the Sandpiper was our favourite until it changed management and seemed to cater for more conferences etc. and leave the tourist side to it's sister hotel, the Tradewinds. The last time we visited (4 years ago) we stayed at the Dolphin Beach Hotel which was quite good. The soft silky sands of the Gulf Coast are very appealing. Our youngest daughter got married on the beach.
Marco Island is also very nice but rather expensive and mainly caters for wealthy retired people. There are only two hotels at Marco but it is a very nice area and close the Everglades.

Mike and Kath.

chrisj
13-09-2003, 15:44
We stayed on Treasure Island on our honeymoon and visited St.Pete many times. Its so lovely on the
Gulf Coast, A lot quieter Orlando, and nice to sit back and relax.

Tashmina
14-09-2003, 23:06
Hi everyone!:D
Thank you for all your replies, they were a great help. We have decided to spend the 2nd part of our holiday in St Pete's so we can relax by day and hit the town by night![}:)]