PDA

View Full Version : Golf

floridaforlife
28-03-2007, 19:14
TIGER OR JACK, WHO'S THE BEST EVER

E. Cosgrove
28-03-2007, 20:53
The golfer in our house will not be home until Friday, but I am sure he will have an opinion on this one!![msnwink]

Jules
28-03-2007, 23:32
Hi Trevor,

Glad you found the forum but I'm afraid I haven't got a clue regards golf and neither has my other half so I haven't voted it would just mess up your poll!

ShirleyD
29-03-2007, 01:53
Me neither Trevor....welcome to the forum. My hubby had some golf lessons on our last trip to Florida, so maybe he'll be an expert in a month or two [msnwink]

floridaforlife
29-03-2007, 02:54
Didnt think it would be as close as it is, Thought Tiger would run away with it[8D]

Shaffrey
01-04-2007, 00:27
I would like to say Jack, but i think Tiger beats him hands down. Only my opinion!;)
Sharon

domster
01-04-2007, 11:16
Have voted Jack, but not a true golfer.

freddiehollie
01-04-2007, 22:43
When you look at Jacks record & who he had to compete against its no contest.
Tiger if awesome though[^] but when you add in the equipment being used nowadays
it makes Jacks record all the more spectacular[clap][clap]
No 60deg lob wedges, persimmon woods, golf balls like putty. Well done Jack [clap]
Lets see what Tiger is doing into his fourth decade on tour. (I hope its what he's doing now
as its great to watch)

RIS
28-04-2007, 19:48
Well that's very interesting. I voted for Jack before viewing the results so far. I expected to see a runaway Tiger victory but ............. maybe not !! [msnsmile]

jackie greaves
03-05-2007, 14:44
My Son would say Tiger, as his is Tiger mad.

titansfan
13-05-2007, 21:37
Voted for Tiger, but not really a fair question, Jack's career is over, where as, Tiger's career may just now be peaking. If one takes into consideration the accomplishments by the age of thirty and the caliber of competition that each had faced up until that time, I think hands down its Tiger.

The issue with the improvement of equipment is a valid one, however, golf courses are designed now to defend the long drive and the high spin wedges. If you watch older matches, courses were a lot shorter, fairways were a lot wider, and greens were ridicously slow. I think Arnold Palmer said it best, "Watch Tiger closely now, because there may never be another one like him."

freddiehollie
03-07-2007, 23:46
" The issue with the improvement of equipment is a valid one, however, golf courses are designed now to defend the long drive and the high spin wedges. If you watch older matches, courses were a lot shorter, fairways were a lot wider "

Todays golfers hit it as far as possible, because even if its in the rough its still easier to hit a green with a wedge than a 2 iron. One of the last of the shorter hitters to win more than 3 majors was Nick Faldo. Check out Muirfield in 1992 awesome controlled golf. He could'nt match others for distance, so played long iron running shots to perfection. How many times do todays pro's hit the ball into deep rough, for the commentator to say "he's dead from there", only to watch him knock it stiff?
Thank you 60deg wedge and Pro V1 ball[msnwink] of which Jack had neither:(

Nielsen
13-07-2007, 16:00
Jack wins in my book at the moment - but Tiger will probably take the honours once his carrer is closing. Then we can clearly see the stats. and make our final choice... [8D]

TOM