PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 and SUVs - integral car seats?

millie
18-03-2007, 23:16
Was looking to book a 4x4 or SUV through this site but I was wondering whether they have the integral car seats that the 7 seater minivans have? The kind that is housed within the seat and is accessed by flipping part of the seat down. Its a five point harness connected to the main seatbelt system.

Can anyone help?

L

roger
18-03-2007, 23:47
I'm not aware of these in 4x4s / SUVs but even if so, the exact model can never be guaranteed, so you would run the risk of receiving a car without the integral car seats and paying locally to hire car seats. If you are offered a model without integral car seats, and you request a model with the seats - if there is such a model available at the time, the rental company are at liberty to charge you a fee equivalent to the cost of rental of a child seat.

To be on the safe side, we always recommend taking your own to avoid the high local costs.

vanessag
19-03-2007, 00:19
We did hire a SUV once that had the integral seating I think it was a Caravan (I think), but I would play it safe and take your own seats.

roger
19-03-2007, 13:19
The Caravan (assuming you mean the Dodge Caravan) is not an SUV, but a 7 seater, and as you say often does come with the integral child seats.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by vanessag
We did hire a SUV once that had the integral seating I think it was a Caravan (I think), but I would play it safe and take your own seats.
[/quote]