PDA

View Full Version : Another Baby Killer Whale

anorak
18-03-2007, 09:29
We went to Seaworld yesterday and instead of the Believe show they have a short film showing the actual birth last Monday of a baby whale, and then you see (live, not on film) the mother and baby swimming together around the pool, very cute and not shy.
Got to go back next week to see the Belive show now, more free beer. Lucky we have an annual pass which gives free parking.

LiesaAnna
18-03-2007, 11:35
awww thats lovely xx

CCollins
19-03-2007, 11:06
I wish I was there to see that!

I saw the new show and thought it was not as good as the old show!

anorak
19-03-2007, 12:21
I also preferred the old show - but it does change all the time so its worth coming again to see. There aren't any warnings now about how wet you'll get but if you sit near the front it will happen.
One part of the current show quite a few folk tell me they feel uncomfortable with is the bit at the beginning where the soldiers stand up and eveyone applauds, I guess we Brits are not quite so open in our support for our troops, or maybe its just that we don't want to glorify a current war or something. Anyway, even as a an exarmy veteran myself it makes me feel uneasy for some reason, and I attend the Rememberance Day service every year and wear my medals so I can't be unduly sensitive.

CCollins
19-03-2007, 12:58
I completely agree - Americans are very patriotic! - nothing wrong with that!

Bring back the old show!!

MTP
19-03-2007, 15:00
There is a photo of the new arrival on their website and details about the birth - this being the 15th killer whale to be born at Sea World Orlando and the bouncy baby was born being 6 foot long and 350 pounds.

Mr G
19-03-2007, 15:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MTP
.....the bouncy baby was born being 6 foot long and 350 pounds.
[/quote]

It makes your eyes water just thinking about that.[msneek][msnscared]