PDA

View Full Version : Ok Guys whats the secret

Orlandoorbust
11-09-2003, 01:58
to getting a fair flight price at peak times, do you book early or late?, also i have noticed a lot of the flights for sale websites, have flights to Orlando via other US cities involving changes of plane, is this easy or should direct flights be the best way to get there for flying virgins?. We will be a party of ten, will it be too much hassle changing planes for us?. Sorry this is a bit rambling but i do not know which way to go, we have already found some excellent Villas through this site, so whats YOUR flight advice and strategy.

Thanks.

blott
11-09-2003, 02:14
Well... it's generally considered that the cheapest flights are normally on sale the earlier you book and they get considerably more expensive as the departure date approaches. With ten of you, leaving it in the hope of a cheap bargain at the last minute, you may find that not all of you will be able to find seats as the larger your party, the more difficult it is!

Most of the home owners have done both direct and indirect scheduled flights. Changing planes in most US airports isn't too much hassle. You clear immigration and customs at your first arrival airport so you can just walk through at Orlando as you'll be arriving on a domestic flight.

Of course, there are always the charter flight fans but beware having to book either car rental or a fly drive through these - you can normally get car rental much cheaper through the link on this site. Come to think of it, they also do flights too so you could try that?

caroline
11-09-2003, 02:33
We have always flown with United either via Chicago or Washington, and have to say it's always been really easy. The real advantage is landing in Orlando on a domestic flight, usually means no horrible queue for the car rental desk:)

Beverley
11-09-2003, 03:00
Hi
We went on a charter flight at Easter we flew direct into Sanford and then had just over an hours drive to the villa.
At Christmas we flew to Orlando via Atlanta (1 hour stop) we then had only a 30 minute drive to the villa.
The Easter flight was cheaper and booked last minute, but I think you have to bear in mind world politics at the time of booking.

chrisj
11-09-2003, 03:08
Weve flown both charter and scheduled but prefer the scheduled, its the usual leg room
and better flight times etc.

As for connection flights, ive had some really good and some bad, so as a rule I would
always go direct. I once had 15 minutes to run from one side of Toronto Airport to the
other because the flight was late landing. I think its something you just have to pick
on prices you can afford, and the flight times etc

sammibabe
11-09-2003, 22:04
Try a quote from the flight links on this sight as we had a really good price from them (although that wasn't peak time ).

timmy
12-09-2003, 01:34
We did a group booking with Virgin Atlantic. Excellent value and good service. All seats and meals pre-booked.

kimbo
12-09-2003, 02:08
we booked a few weeks ago man- philidelphia-orlando for xmas stay
for £374 we had no alternative as direct flights were £800
flying time isnt much longer ( l dont think ) and to be honest l dont mind the idea , we will have a break and stretch our stiff legs.

Matt
15-09-2003, 02:38
Obviously a direct flight is always the best. Booking early you will find the cheapest fares with a schedule airline, or later with a charter, but the charter flights will go into Sanford rather than Orlando International (not that thats a problem from what I gather but I've never done it!!).

The best prices at the moment are with USAirways which is an indirect flight, and if you can get those via Charlotte then your second leg flight is a short one.

Alternatively I have flown with Delta via Atlanta which wasn't too bad either.

Then again, either way, it is still an 8/9 hour flight to start with, and after you get off that one the last thing you want to do is get on another, but then thats the price you pay I guess.

At the end of the day when you arrive at your final destination you always seem to forget all the hours you've spent trying to get there!!!

Enjoy it anyway....

Matt

nelly
15-09-2003, 04:28
i bokked 10 days before i flew in aug 1 and they wanted 1000 a piece

orlandobabe
15-09-2003, 22:08
We've always booked 4-6 months in advance and paid around the £370-£430 mark.

I booked on Friday for a trip in about 3 weeks time and paid £293-it's a charter -but that suits us fine!