PDA

View Full Version : Manchester - Orlando with Virgin August 2007

alastair
15-03-2007, 16:44
One for anyone looking for flights from Manchester this August. Opodo currently advertising Manchester to Orlando on Virgin for £359 return in August 2007. Might not be available long though as I imagine it may be a web error.

alastair
15-03-2007, 18:49
These low fares are also available for the last couple of weeks in July also.

wrpac00
16-03-2007, 18:41
I looked on their site yesterday after reading about this on another forum, some friends of ours are travelling from Manchester but all the dates I entered didn't come back with any cheap fares.[msnsad]

Lynne S
16-03-2007, 18:50
I couldn't find them either Paul...I thought it was just me being un-lucky[msnwink]

16-03-2007, 19:07
Me niether[msnsad]

alastair
16-03-2007, 19:34
Just looked again and Departure 9 August 2007 VS75 and returning 23 August 2007 VS76 - £344 including taxes. These fares are also available on other dates including July. They are not available on every departure on every day, but if you are flexible on dates you should find them.

Lynne S
16-03-2007, 19:48
Thanks Alastair, I'll have another look:)

16-03-2007, 20:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by alastair
Just looked again and Departure 9 August 2007 VS75 and returning 23 August 2007 VS76 - £344 including taxes. These fares are also available on other dates including July. They are not available on every departure on every day, but if you are flexible on dates you should find them.
[/quote]

Is this from Gatwick??

jillizzy
16-03-2007, 21:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
[/quote]

Is this from Gatwick??
[/quote]

VS76 and 75 are Manchester departures.

Jill

alastair
16-03-2007, 21:16
Julie, you must have had a hard week. The clue was in the title of the thread and you must watch them take off most days [msnwink]

anniegetyourgun
16-03-2007, 21:19
When i looked it was coming up at over £600.

anniegetyourgun
16-03-2007, 21:23
Sorry everyone,ive found it now .Thanks. Really good price that one.(pity they are notthat cheap in May.)

16-03-2007, 21:24
Julie, you must have had a hard week. The clue was in the title of the thread and you must watch them take off most days [msnwink]
[/quote]

LOL!!![msnembarrased][msnembarrased][msnembarrased][msnembarrased]

alastair
16-03-2007, 21:28
As I said earlier it is not every flight on every day it will depend on the dates you are looking at. Below is an example of the fare on offer for Outbound: Thu. 09 August 07 Inbound: Thu. 23 August 07 as viewed 2 minutes ago.

Outbound: Thu. 09 August 07 Inbound: Thu. 23 August 07 Highlight
Departing: 10:25, Manchester International, United Kingdom Departing: 18:15, Orlando International, USA GBP 344.00 **
Price per adult including taxes
Arriving: 14:35 , Orlando International, USA Arriving: 07:25 + 1 day(s), Manchester International, United Kingdom GBP 344.00**
Total incl. taxes
Duration: 09:10, Non-stop Duration: 08:10, Non-stop
Carrier: Virgin Atlantic Carrier: Virgin Atlantic

16-03-2007, 21:43
[/quote]

OMG Ive booked!!!!! Anyone got a villa going cheap for these dates[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

Thanks Alistair [clap][clap][clap][clap]I thought I was going to have to wait until next April but thanks to you we are going this year too!!!!!![grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

carynwillson
17-03-2007, 11:41
We've booked too, 6 of us for £344 each in August, and got a £20 promotional discount on top of that off the total. FANTASTIC - Even husband's happy (and thats difficult) Some might want to check out MyTravelLite, they also have some good offers between April and September ranging from £204 - £394, only on specific dates, but worth a try.

sblackburn
17-03-2007, 13:30
Just booked £374 July 28 and August 12, excellent,[msncool][msncool][msncool]

Thank you

Steve Blackburn

zerotone
17-03-2007, 20:06
[msnmad] We booked in Nov with Virgin using 'miles & money'. Going out on the 9th Aug 2007 and back on the 25th Aug cost us £514 each plus £135 to buy the miles. Thought it was a good deal at the time. Have learnt my lesson and will wait til nearer time next year.

Jane

Robert5988
17-03-2007, 20:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:We booked in Nov with Virgin using 'miles & money'. Going out on the 9th Aug 2007 and back on the 25th Aug cost us £514 each plus £135 to buy the miles. Thought it was a good deal at the time. Have learnt my lesson and will wait til nearer time next year.
[/quote]

I wouldn't beat yourself up about booking early.

These prices are most unusual and most of the time you lose out if you wait until nearer the time.

17-03-2007, 20:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:We booked in Nov with Virgin using 'miles & money'. Going out on the 9th Aug 2007 and back on the 25th Aug cost us £514 each plus £135 to buy the miles. Thought it was a good deal at the time. Have learnt my lesson and will wait til nearer time next year.
[/quote]

I wouldn't beat yourself up about booking early.

These prices are most unusual and most of the time you lose out if you wait until nearer the time.
[/quote]

I agree with Robert is saying, this for us is an 'extra' little trip based purely on the fact that the flights were so cheap[msnwink] If it was my main holiday I would book in way in advance as we have done for 2008[msnsmile2]

Katys Grandad
17-03-2007, 21:54
These look like exceptional fares for Virgin. Makes me wonder if the route isn't as popular as it used to be.

Whatever the reason, it's good news for passengers for a change.

Sue and Jere
18-03-2007, 23:12
Have also booked flights for just me and Jere. Well at that price who cares about the drive to Manchester.

Sue and Jere
19-03-2007, 01:00
Want to pre book our seats, went onto Virgin (manage flight) but could not do it. Have any of you managed to do this ?

gwensvilla
20-03-2007, 00:43
Got flights from Man to Mco on 8th July to 28th July for my family - £370 inc taxes and got my renters flights 1st - 18th Aug for £344 inc taxes!! Great deal as theyre £645 on Virgins site - apparently opodo bought some block bookings including some cheapies!! working on how to book the seats - usually just end up phoning reservation!! maybe they will put uis on the roof rack when they see what we paid!! Gwen

20-03-2007, 00:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sue and Jere
Want to pre book our seats, went onto Virgin (manage flight) but could not do it. Have any of you managed to do this ?
[/quote]

No not yet, sometimes takes a few days to update the system, if not just phone them[msnwink]

20-03-2007, 14:41
[/quote]

I have just booked my seats although there were not many left and could not get four together[msnsad]

Phone Virgin and get their ref number and then you can update booking[msnsmile]

Sue and Jere
20-03-2007, 18:38
[/quote]

I have just booked my seats although there were not many left and could not get four together[msnsad]

[/quote]

Just booked my seats [msnsmile2]I telephoned Opodo and asked for my E- Ticket number.

Which flight are you on Julie ?.

20-03-2007, 20:33
[/quote]

[/quote]

Just booked my seats [msnsmile2]I telephoned Opodo and asked for my E- Ticket number.

[/quote]

VS 75 on 9/8/07 how about you?[msnsmile2]

Sue and Jere
20-03-2007, 21:51
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Snap !!!!

20-03-2007, 22:43
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Snap !!!!
[/quote]

OMG What seats are you in? We are in row 34 and 35[msnwink]

Sue and Jere
21-03-2007, 00:34
OMG we are in Row 36 [laugh]

21-03-2007, 09:01
OMG we are in Row 36 [laugh]
[/quote]

LOL!!!! How funny is that [clap][clap][clap][clap] See you on board!!!![msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

Sue and Jere
21-03-2007, 09:51
Definatly and if i am behind you i promise not to kick your seat[msnwink]

ravtino
21-03-2007, 10:45
But will Julie promise not to recline hers!!![msnwink]

Tonish
21-03-2007, 10:55
Congratulations to you at getting flights at that price.

I've been kicking myself for weeks - I spotted really good deal on Virgin's web site that would have got us there (6 of us) for £2400. Couldn't get the family to make up their minds and so we missed it. I've been checking every day since but didn't see these deals. Obviously checking the wrong web site.

Sue and Jere
21-03-2007, 11:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ravtino
[/quote]

Forgot about that !!!![msnscared]

alastair
21-03-2007, 13:44
Tonish, these fares were not available on Virgin's website. As far as I know, they are only available on the Opoda website.

21-03-2007, 14:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ravtino
[/quote]

Oh I promise!!! We are in the centre four of four, only we three in row 35, D, E, and F and 34 G[msnwink]

Sue and Jere
22-03-2007, 18:52
We are in Row 36 J and K. Can't you sit in H at least then i would know who is next to me [laugh]