PDA

View Full Version : New at Calabay Parc

moodyvilla
11-09-2003, 00:49
Hi, I am just found myself drawn to this forum after purchasing a new villa at Calabay. Looking for completion 8-10 months time. I understand that 60 days before they give you a date for completion but I feel this does not really help on the rental side. My plans are to try and get rent myselve with the management company as a back up for those weeks I cannot get. However, I am not sure when to start advertising from. I think for a dead cert and not to let anyone down I am probably looking at September. Is there anyone out there that can confirm that it is lily to be 8 or 10 months or any of their experiences with completion dates and when did they start trying to get rentals. I have purchased Lot 201 if there are any neighbours out there!. Any comments on this would be a great help.
Thanks Claire

caroline
11-09-2003, 01:24
Hi Claire

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on choosing such an excellent community (not that I'm biased!!)
We purchased at Calabay in the April and closed in November, however this was very near the beginning of the development and I know things are taking longer now, the community has been SO popular that it has sold out far quicker than the builder expected.

I would start preparing your website and getting registered with websites asap - October is a particularly popular month for rentals so you should have no problem getting it rented.

Which model did you opt for? We have a tamarind on phase 1 - are you going out again before you close, or waiting for D day?

If there's anything else you'd like to know just ask away.

eleanor
11-09-2003, 02:41
Hl,Claire

I too have a home on calabay we closed in feb 03 but only had had a build time of six months ,we have another onejust started(jul) lot 268,so nearly neighbours and have a completion time of 10-12months, I agree with Caroline that you should start organizing your site and advertising now, we are going back in feb04 so will be able to get better idea of how building is going, when we left in aug calabay only had 2 lots left to sell!

Beverley
11-09-2003, 02:47
Hi Claire,
We're not at Calabay parc but a litle further along at Tuscan Ridge.
We are hoping to close on our property in March.
We have been advertising for about 6 weeks. My advice would be to get started asap.
:)

moodyvilla
12-09-2003, 00:00
Hi,
Thanks to everyone who answered my mesage so quickly. First we bought a Magnolia, 3 bed 2 bath with the aim just to rent (ourselves with the management filling in where we can't) and use maybe twice a year etc. We are going out for a week in October, kid's half term just to have another look at the site and to get a few things sorted, meet Steve Wilson who is going to manage it for us and choose the furniture etc. We are staying at Calabay for that week arranged by them, which is nice. Then I expect that will be it until closing which will be anything between May and July. I have another question we don't actually have any photo's yet of our model obviously, so I guess I will e-mail Cara and ask her to send us some, that way we will have something to go on. We will get cracking on the web site and registar on sites for next September and see how we get on. The other thing we intend to do in October whilst we are out there is get copys etc of booking forms and things like the distances from place's etc so we can start preparing a pack up for our visitors. Is this the sort of thing you all did? Anyway, thanks again and no doubt I will reply to more.
Claire

Maureen Edwards
12-09-2003, 01:10
Claire, it sounds as if you are really organised and are doing everything right. A few tips.
Make yourself a temporary brochure with photographs of the same model and similar interior. Quote on it, that your villa is due for completion on ......and these photos are a representative of the same model (to cover yourself)
And start marketing, marketing, marketing. You can't start too soon. I worked on my estimated completion date and added 4 weeks on for unforeseeables and started taking bookings from there. If completion should be put back, I am sure your MC will help out.
Talk to friends, family, parents at schools,work colleagues and hand out those brochures to everyone. Set your prices and stick with them. Look at other similar properties on websites and stay within their general pricing. Don't undersell your villa. It is a beautiful development and you will get bookings. I cannot stress the importance of starting early. There are lots of 'threads' on Terms and Conditions and Booking forms, just enter a search on subjects and all the relevant info will pop up. If you can't find anything, ask again, someone will point you in the right direction.

By the way I am just round on CR 54 on 'The Abbey' so almost neighbours. Good luck and if you have any questions ask away. I have learned so much from this forum. ;)

timmy
12-09-2003, 01:31
Hi Claire

We've also bought on Calabay Parc lot 191 which is directly opposite you across the pond. We are due to close in January and have already started to advertise.

Calabay Parc seems to be a really popular community. We're very pleased with our choice.

We started work on marketing the villa in May. It's taken us a few months to get everything sorted but wer're starting to get a feel for how to deal with enquiries etc. We've got booking forms and terms and conditions, and have spent a couple of months developing our website. We are very proud of the end product. And we've already got a few bookings.

So start working now while things aren't too hectic and you're not dealing with tax returns and MCs. No disrespect to either of those.

Timmy

sunshine state
12-09-2003, 03:01
Hi there and welcome to the boards hope to see you around.