PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phone

LL
10-03-2007, 03:37
My daughter has lost her new phone and I am looking for a temporary replacement.

Has anyone got an old one they don't want? I have been checking ebay but I am not that great at bidding and most are more than we want to pay.

She will then be saving up again to replace it

10-03-2007, 13:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LL
My daughter has lost her new phone and I am looking for a temporary replacement.

Has anyone got an old one they don't want? I have been checking ebay but I am not that great at bidding and most are more than we want to pay.

She will then be saving up again to replace it
[/quote]

Thats a shame[msnsad] was she not insured or can you claim on your house insurance?

mizzy
10-03-2007, 13:40
i would check out virgin mobiles online shop, i usually buy phones from here and they have great prices and quick delivery delivery, it's usually order today and delivery the next working day

CERICROWLEY
10-03-2007, 13:45
Leslie

If she is outside the agreed contract time, why not sign up again for a new phone and they usually give certain phones for free

LL
10-03-2007, 13:56
She only got the phone in January and we are now thinking it was taken from her bag, we thought it had been lost round the house so have been looking but there is no sign of it so unfortunately its too late now to make a claim. It was pay as you go so no contract option either but I will have a look at the virgin website.

Problem is she used all her savings to buy it and so will have to start saving again. We would buy her a replacement but we didn't do it for the others and are hoping that she may learn to keep track of where things like this are. It was about a week before she said she couldn't find it and by then couldn't remember when she last had it.

jovi
10-03-2007, 16:09
Try Tesco online, they have some really good deals on mobiles sometimes, I brought my son a Motorola Razor for Christmas, with £10 credit for £59.95, free p&p, there are other deals on, also try woolworths too.

Good luck, I know how easy it would be to go buy her a new phone, but like you say, they need to learn the hard way[msnsad].

McjohnjM
12-03-2007, 12:50
Hi Leslie,
Have to agree with you, when my daughter was younger she lost her mobile phone and we just replaced it, because it had not been a hardship for her within 6 months she had lost that one also, as you might guess we did not replace that, she soon learnt to take more care of things when she was without a phone for about 4 months.

I will ask our girls if they have any old phone that they are not using at the moment and will let you know.

Kim Mc

LL
13-03-2007, 00:06
Thanks Vicky thats where she got the phone she bought.
Thanks Kim we have been through the mobile phone problems with the other kids in the past but this time she had bought a reasonably expensive one after us pointing out the pitfalls. Hence us having to stick with our decision to not buy a new one but I can't have her without one at all incase anything happens to the transport for getting to and from school.

Typical we just haven't got an old one she can use and her old one did actually break.

McjohnjM
14-03-2007, 11:29
Hi Lesley,
Sorry but our girls do not have their old mobile, one put it in the charity box and the other traded it in.
Hope you have luck somewhere else as I know what you mean about them not having a phone and then something happens and they can't contact you for assistance.

Kim Mc

ccarcher
24-04-2007, 17:11
Call her contract supplier and ask for whats available as a free upgrade although you will probably need a new sim

probably easiest to cancel her current contract and get a new contract with free phone only hastle will be a new number

LL
16-05-2007, 14:21
Just thought I would update people on this story. Having a spring clean at the weekend and took out the under bed storage units she has under her bed. (prior to this had looked down the side of the bed and in the units) Well amazingly the phone had slipped under the drawer between the floor and the frame and only showed up when we pulled the whole lot out to vacuum.

She is one very happy person as she now has all the money she saved to go towards her next purchase an ipod. Thank you to everyone for your help and comments

CarolAnn
16-05-2007, 19:04
:DHurrah!! What great news Leslie...all good things come to "she" who waits [^]A double whamy too:D