PDA

View Full Version : Mission Space - review

florida4sun
10-09-2003, 02:55
Nipped into epcot on Sunday just to ride Mission Space. The ride is basicly a centrifuge. Now I cannot ride anything that spins around (coasters no problem - ride dumbo and I chuck[xx(]) . However you are enclosed in capsules and you dont get the feeling of spinning. I won't go too far into details but they do create some strong g-forces that pin you back in your seat. I was impressed at how they could turn this g's on and off, no gradual build up). Ride is short but good. Whatever you do, do not take your eyes of the screen, you will feel ill (they warn you about this). I came off feeling queezy, which lasted for some time. I am glad I rode it but would not do it again as I have the problem with motion sickness. Out of 10 I would give it a 7, it is quite a short ride.

DMC
10-09-2003, 13:50
Thnaks for the review.

I am over in Orlando next week and this is a ride that I have been wanting to go on ever since I first heard about it.

Like you I suffer a little on the Motion Rides :(so I am glad that the ride is short.

Guess I will have to shut my eyes and hope for the best.

DMC

Ruth
10-09-2003, 14:35
Martin, does this ride have a height restriction and if so do you know what is is?

blott
10-09-2003, 14:57
Mission Space has it's own website at http://disney.go.com/vacations/missionspace/ms_mainflash.html and the minimum height restriction is 44 inches.

sunshine state
10-09-2003, 15:02
Yes this ride does have height restriction its not to bad though and whoever has not had chance to ride it yet i say no more but just enjoy.

florida4sun
10-09-2003, 19:53
Dont shut your eyes, it will make you chuck. Keep your exyes oin the screen at all times and you should be fine. I come of most coasters feeling queezy. Mission space effected me slightly mor than the coaster do.

Martin

quote:Originally posted by DMC

Thnaks for the review.

I am over in Orlando next week and this is a ride that I have been wanting to go on ever since I first heard about it.

Like you I suffer a little on the Motion Rides :(so I am glad that the ride is short.

Guess I will have to shut my eyes and hope for the best.

DMC

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
07-10-2003, 07:17
Sarah and Isaac went on this this afternoon and Isaac (5 years old) loved it but Sarah felt very ill for at least 2 hours afterwards. She said she knew just into the ride that she wanted to get out of there but could not.

We got chatting to quite a few other guests at the parks during the rest of the day and the underlying thing was the children loved the ride and the parents hated it.

foghorn
28-10-2003, 19:35
Hello,

Went on last week, quite along queue due to Technical Problems.
Short ride, I would give it 7/10...
On leaving, prior to the inevitable Shop, is an arcade to enjoy free, including a "Pod" whereby you can E-Mail postcards to friends and family in various Space, funny styles...so keep some addresses handy, lot better than standard E-Mail, phone call or Postcard!! [msnwink]

athurstance
29-10-2003, 17:36
I've heard that kids seem to love it and parents find it a bit much. Is it dragging the queues from test track a bit as that would be a real bonus?

caroline
17-11-2003, 22:30
We went on this a couple of weeks ago and all 3 of us really liked it (Mum, Dad and 12 year old son!) - I have to say I was dreading it but having already bailed out of all the big coasters at Islands of Adventure, my pride forced me on. I heeded all warnings and kept my eyes firmly fixed on the screen and tried not to even blink;) and was absolutely fine.

sunshine state
18-11-2003, 02:20
Glad you plucked up the courage to go on it,I agree with you its a great ride but i felt really sick after going on the first time.

Amirah
18-11-2003, 04:14
It gives you motion sickness?? I'M THERE! LOL. People think I'm weird at my age (44 shhhhh) but I love rollercoasters or ride that fast. My husband is starting to slow down a bit, he can't keep up. I guess my daughter and I will be on it next May. I'm glad it's an awesome ride.