PDA

View Full Version : Longboat Key

julieanne
07-03-2007, 15:24
I don’t know why but in all the times we’ve been to Sarasota we have never been to Longboat Key. Plan to go on this next trip so I’m after a bit of info if anyone can help please.
Am I right to think that once on St Armands (which we do visit a lot) following the main road will take us on to Longboat Key?
And what should we make a point of seeing and doing there?

becbecs
07-03-2007, 17:16
Hi Julieanne

We hit Longboat Key in 2003.

This place is Paradise, The beaches are fab, go to Siesta Key Beach on the next key down as its one of the best in the world.

If they are still there. Restaurants to visit

Hemmingways just off St Armands Circle

Dry Dock Grill which is approx 1 mile up Lonboat Key on your right. Its next to a great big boat storage warehouse.

Water sports are in abundance here so I would check out on the Loagboat Key website before you go.

Can't praise this place enough and would like to go back at some point in the future also.

St Armands circle is full of Restaurants and really great shops. I can remember an American Stile Icecream Parlour which served some fab Ice Creams.

Have a great time

julieanne
07-03-2007, 17:31
I'm already a big Siesta Beach fan - it's one of my favourite places [msnsmile2]

Longboat will be a new experience for us though [clap]

mfairhurst
07-03-2007, 20:11
We stayed a few years ago on longboat key and it is a paradise the beach is lovely and nice and clean .
I woul go back do a week in orlando and a week there .
The shopping and restaurants are execellant and worth a visit .
Enjoy .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683

Clare R
07-03-2007, 21:04
Turn right off St Armands Circle continue for about two miles, over the bridge and that is Long Boat Key. The beach accesses are very, very hard to find on the left-hand side but they are there with parking spaces for a few cars. Main attractions are the near-deserted beaches and the fine sand.

mollymolly
07-03-2007, 22:34
On our first visit to the Gulf Coast we stayed on Longboat Key and just fell in love with the area. The beaches are beautiful and so quiet. There is just one long road going through and everything branches off it. You can drive on just past St Armands Circle and go all the way up to near Anna Marie Island. Half way up is a fantastic Irish restaurant/pub called O'Neils(I think).
One of the things I like about LBK is that you have little wooden shacks right next door to mega-million dollar properties both sharing the same beach!

Bernadette

nicseg
15-03-2007, 15:15
Longboat key is a favourite of Sean Connery, Rod Stewart and President Bush so keep your eyes open. [8D]