PDA

View Full Version : free upgrades

grangrad
06-03-2007, 23:13
just about to book my car hire this evening, what are my chances for a free upgrade with this company?

Kazzie
06-03-2007, 23:20
If you mean from the link at the top of the page you are unlikely to get a free upgrade when you book, however, occasionally you do get an upgrade when you collect your car. The prices are very good though even if you do not get an upgrade.

Karen

roger
06-03-2007, 23:34
I think grangrad is referring to the free upgrades we are currently offering through Budget. These are always stated as 'subject to availability' on the day, but it is an almost dead-cert that you will receive the free upgrade. In the event the upgraded car is not available, Budget will double-upgrade.

Kazzie
06-03-2007, 23:49
Oops, Sorry Roger.[msnembarrased]

Karen

grangrad
07-03-2007, 02:22
thanks for the reply's, what i was referring to actually was if i booked for example an intermediate car would i possibly be upgraded to a full size car.

it doesn't really matter, i was booking a full size car and i have done so this evening, if i do get a free upgrade it would be a bonus but if not i'm perfectly happy with what i have booked.

you read so much about free upgrades etc and you are a little confused as to weather or not book a grade below in the hope that you will get the one above, but as said for me it didn't really matter, just pleased that i can take the grandkids on a trip of a lifetime. the car doesn't really matter after all we will hopefully spend as little time as possible in it - just to get from a to b.

thanks once again for your replies.

chrizzy100
07-03-2007, 18:14
I always book the smallest car with any company....and as yet I've never driven one off the lot...thats 4 years of going to FL 5 times a year....

florida4sun
07-03-2007, 18:47
Yes it is possible but not garanteed. Never book a car smaller tnan you need and hope for an upgrade. If you end up having to pay for the next size, this can be very expensive at the counter. It is always cheaper to book before hand through sites like this one.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by grangrad
thanks for the reply's, what i was referring to actually was if i booked for example an intermediate car would i possibly be upgraded to a full size car.

it doesn't really matter, i was booking a full size car and i have done so this evening, if i do get a free upgrade it would be a bonus but if not i'm perfectly happy with what i have booked.

you read so much about free upgrades etc and you are a little confused as to weather or not book a grade below in the hope that you will get the one above, but as said for me it didn't really matter, just pleased that i can take the grandkids on a trip of a lifetime. the car doesn't really matter after all we will hopefully spend as little time as possible in it - just to get from a to b.

thanks once again for your replies.
[/quote]

alastair
07-03-2007, 22:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
I always book the smallest car with any company....and as yet I've never driven one off the lot...thats 4 years of going to FL 5 times a year....
[/quote]

With the price difference so small between the smallest car and the next size up is it worth the risk.

Pegasus928
08-03-2007, 05:07
Depends on your definition of risk I suppose.

If Chrizzy has had an upgrade for the last 20 visits she has made then the risk is minimal, but that is only based on the smallest car to the next size up.

Personally we always need a 7 seater so wouldnt book an intermediate in the hope of getting upgraded to one.

Pegasus

merlin
08-03-2007, 21:48
Hi

Can anyone tell me where to find the information about the free upgrades currently on offer in Roger's earlier post?

Thanks

Audrey

blott
08-03-2007, 22:31
When you fill in the form for a quotation, it gives the free upgrade details on the results page.