PDA

View Full Version : i' m a complete novice

first timer
09-09-2003, 19:11
after holidaying in europe for the past umpteen years we have decided to try florida and the gulf coast. any advice please about renting private villas etc, flights, when to book etc. we are going next july / august.

jen
09-09-2003, 20:47
Hi First timer

This really is the place to find our all you need to know about renting a villa for your holiday.

If you do a general enquiry on the sister sites of www.vacation-rental-villas.com and www.orlandovillas.com you will find a good number of responses for you to choose from.
These sites have links to very good car-hire and flight people along with tickets etc.
The owner who you choose to go with will also be a mine of information and I am sure only to happy to assist.

The US and Florida lends itself very nicely to independant travel and in all the years of travelling to the states I have only once used a travel agent for the full package.

I'm sure the holiday will be the first of many

Good Luck
Jen

blott
09-09-2003, 20:51
Hi First Timer

Welcome to the forum. Well, you've found the right place for lots of info and advice from us all.

There's a wealth of advice so, if you have any questions, a quick look using the search facility will probably find it if someone's asked before. If not, then feel free to ask away, that's what we're here for.

If you're renting a private villa and have specific dates in mind, particularly if they are in the popular and busy school holiday times, then it's usually good to reserve one as soon as you can as homes do get booked quickly. You'll want to be able to choose a home for yourself rather than have to go for the only one that's left!

huckleberry house
10-09-2003, 03:03
Hi First Timer

I am sure you will love Florida.Are you planning a two centre holiday or just the Gulf Coast? As others have said,the time of your visit is peak season for Villa bookings (around Disney area)so the sooner you book the better.There is lots of advice on the forum to help you plan your trip so happy reading,anything you cant find just ask,this is a very friendly site and everyone will be happy to help.

Lesley

sunshine state
10-09-2003, 15:00
Hi and welcome to the boards this sure is the bset place to discuss your trip everyone is very helpful here and im sure you will enjoy your time on these boards.

mike

Maureen Edwards
10-09-2003, 15:31
Hi first timer,
Once you have booked a private villa, you will not want to holiday any other way, I promise you. I will second the comments above, Peak season dates always go first, so start your search ASAP. Good luck and ask away[8D]

first timer
10-09-2003, 23:07
thanks for the above. all i have to do now is decide which villa. the choice is unbelievable and all look fantasticv

Elaine311
11-09-2003, 00:54
Hi First - that's the problem I had - all the villas looked great (I'm a first timer too - going in July next year). What I did was put together a shortlist of the features we would like (e.g. travelling distance from the parks, little extras like DVD or Playstation perhaps, location etc) and then eliminated those which, although gorgeous, just didn't meet with what we would really like.

As far as I'm concerned, I've now booked one that looks totally perfect :D Good luck - it can appear quite daunting but I'm slowly discovering that it's actually relatively painless (so far!).

Elaine

hgoodfellas
11-09-2003, 07:59
Welcome first, Everyone here is so very helpful. Like myself, You will be very happy to have found this forum:D. There is a vast amount of info. here, it's so overwhelming. Be prepared to read alot(Hours). I come here everyday since I first signed on. As for your Villa, choosing it is not as exciting as booking it. So be prepared. But do heed the experts' advice (book EARLY). Enjoy!!!:)

I forgot to tell you the EXPERTS are ANGELS!!!:D

coombsyl
17-09-2003, 20:05
I must agree with the other people here. Once you have rented a villa you probably won't want to go back to a hotel holiday.

It can get very tiring if you are doing the parks in Orlando and we often pop "home" for a swim or nap at lunchtime before returning in the afternoon. (also just imagine going home with a case full of clean clothes, which is what you will do).