PDA

View Full Version : Dollar desk

millie
04-03-2007, 14:26
Just wondered if you take car hire through this site does that mean that you don't have to queue at the Dollar Desk like you do after your virgin flight. Do you just go straight over the road to the dollar pick up area?
L

florida4sun
04-03-2007, 14:29
You would still go to the desk but you can sign up for the express lane.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by millie
Just wondered if you take car hire through this site does that mean that you don't have to queue at the Dollar Desk like you do after your virgin flight. Do you just go straight over the road to the dollar pick up area?
L[/quote]

millie
04-03-2007, 15:25
That sounds much better! Is it a lot faster? We usually leave half the party to collect the bags and the drivers go to the desk which means we don't usually have long to wait but this time we will all have to get the bags. Don't fancy standing there for ages with 2 young children.

L

davepat
04-03-2007, 17:12
The Express Lane is faster - it is marked as such when you get to the desk and you are given priority. It can take a while for your Dollar Express card to arrive so suggest that you sign up now.

roger
04-03-2007, 17:59
As said above, we are able to include your Express ID membership information on your voucher. Don't worry too much if your card hasn't arrived in the post; the actual number is sent to you by email usually around 2-3 days after you sign up.

You can order car hire from us before your Express ID arrives, then just let us know the number once Dollar have emailed it to you.

Magical Dreams
04-03-2007, 18:07
We've used it on our last few trips and it makes such a difference!

In fact you giggle to yourself at all those poor soles still waiting as you walk away with your paperwork.

Great Prices, Great Service, Great Cars!

What more can you ask for?

walden64
04-03-2007, 18:08
I used Dollar Express 2 weeks ago and I would say that it saved me at least a 30/45 minute wait.

We always book our car hire through the links above and this time I ordered a 7 seater mini van as my parents and their friends all had golf clubs with them.

I was given a brand new mini van with only 1 mile on the clock.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

It was great to drive.

Michelle

millie
04-03-2007, 22:19
Fabulous! Think we will do it through this site then. My Mum and Dad need car hire too so I'll pass the link to them aswell.
Thanks for the help!

L

JT
04-03-2007, 22:24
Another advantage of booking through US Car Hire is that whilst Roger's too modest to suggest it - Dollar certainly hold OV in high esteem.

I recently had a (rare) problem when I was left stranded roadside with a puncture for over 2 hours! I got in touch with the lady who is head of operations for Dollar at MCO and she couldn't do enough for me... I'm in no doubt this was due to my OV connection.

JT

Tommo
05-03-2007, 00:41
Is there a Dollar express lane at Tampa airport ?

caroline
05-03-2007, 02:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tommo
Is there a Dollar express lane at Tampa airport ?
[/quote]

Yes there is[msnsmile]

Pegasus928
06-03-2007, 12:37
We signed up for the Dollar Express card after waiting nearly an hour in the regular lane last year. At least next time we will be in the villa pool quicker than we managed to get in the car on our last trip.

Pegasus

sundowner
06-03-2007, 15:40
We must be so lucky, and the time of year helps too. I don't think it has ever taken more than half hour to get the car etc without Dollar Express. We always book through this site and never have any hastle.
Mary

eagleydo
17-03-2007, 17:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
As said above, we are able to include your Express ID membership information on your voucher. Don't worry too much if your card hasn't arrived in the post; the actual number is sent to you by email usually around 2-3 days after you sign up.

You can order car hire from us before your Express ID arrives, then just let us know the number once Dollar have emailed it to you.
[/quote]

I applied for this membership on the 7th March, 10 days ago, but I have never received an email with a number,from them.
I even sent another email asking if there was a problem,2 days ago and have not had a response to this.
Do you now if this is usual?

dawn burley
18-03-2007, 02:58
Hi Jan, have you tried looking in your spam box? I have found a few genuine emails in mine over the years.

eagleydo
18-03-2007, 03:03
Hi Dawn
Yes, look at spam box quite often. Check senders without opening before emptying spam folder. That was one of the thoughts I had.

vanessag
18-03-2007, 09:05
I applied for Dollar Express last week, my membership number got email about 36 hours later. Maybe your application didnt get delivered, did you get the acknowledgment straight away from Dollar that your application had been received?

eagleydo
18-03-2007, 13:23
Received the acknowledgment instantly. When I emailed them a week later i attached this so that they could find my application. Even today, no response.

CCollins
19-03-2007, 10:58
I signed up for my dollar card and it turned up 3 weeks later.

Can't wait to try it out now - the last trip we had Alamo hire!!!