PDA

View Full Version : New things at Seaworld.

esprit
08-09-2003, 21:44
Went yesterday with our newly acquired annual passes and thought I would report on the new things there ( new since I was there last October).
The waterfront complex is pretty much all shops and restaurants though there is a beach area where a giant wave washes over a wall and soaks the kids which was popular. The shows, Kat and Kabooudle ( a cat show) and Groove Chefs ( musical chefs) are just street entertainment. There is also musical entertainment in the Seafire Inn ( a glorified cafeteria).

The Cirque de la Mer was been replaced with a brand new underwater themed show called Odyssee. The annoying little man with the suitcase and whistle has gone to be replaced by a somewhat less annoying clown. I thought the show was better, comprising an acrobat, trapeze act, trampolining penguins ( not real ones!!!) and an unusual act with a giant slinky coil ( turned out to have a small Chinese cortortionist inside) which was very original.

On the animal front, they have a brand new baby dolphin born in August.

The tower has re-opened but unfortunately not the water ski show ( and no plans to do so either) which means that with the demise of Cypress Gardens there is now no waterski show in the area. The Hawaiian show has also gone ( talking about the one on during the day, the Luau at nights is still going. There were no firworks either, I used to love those. Does anyone know if they are seasonal or have been discontinued altogether??

huckleberry house
08-09-2003, 22:27
Hi Julie
Sorry cant agree with you about the new show,bored me to tears,well it did while I was still awake;)

Lesley

esprit
09-09-2003, 08:25
Better than the old one though??? Neither is the Cirque du Soleil!! ( but it doenst cost as much either!!)

chrisj
09-09-2003, 13:00
Its a shame about the ski show, I had hoped it was back. We saw it many years ago and
it was fantastic. I also think its a waste of a vast lake that could be used.

esprit
10-09-2003, 17:11
I have no idea why they discontinued. I thought it was because of the building of the Waterfront but that is long finished and the shoe isnt back. If the Waterfront is a replacement, it is a poor one as it is a rather boring effort which is practically all retail. We did think it may possibly be difficulties in getting workers compensation insurance for the skiers that priced the show out of the market. Given the amount we have had to pay to cover cleaners, goodness heavens knows how much water skiers would cost!!