PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass - the cheaper option?

millie
02-03-2007, 00:10
Just wanted some advice on this idea.....

We usually get a 21 day Ultimate Ticket which allows us to come and go as we please for the duration of our holiday.

I have been looking at the Annual Pass and although more expensive does offer free parking. At $10 a day this can add up to a lot. Especially as we never spend a whole day at the park - spreading it through the holiday instead.

So..... 21 day ticket £184
Annual Pass £290

Would I be cheaper do you think buying one adult AP and the rest the 21 day pass taking the parking into consideration???

Has anyone else done this? I believe italso gives you a discount at the World of Disney store which would also be useful.

florida4sun
02-03-2007, 00:23
Only you know if it will work out cheaper for you. If it saves you many, then yes go for it.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:

Just wanted some advice on this idea.....

We usually get a 21 day Ultimate Ticket which allows us to come and go as we please for the duration of our holiday.

I have been looking at the Annual Pass and although more expensive does offer free parking. At $10 a day this can add up to a lot. Especially as we never spend a whole day at the park - spreading it through the holiday instead.

So..... 21 day ticket £184
Annual Pass £290

Would I be cheaper do you think buying one adult AP and the rest the 21 day pass taking the parking into consideration???

Has anyone else done this? I believe italso gives you a discount at the World of Disney store which would also be useful.
[/quote]

millie
02-03-2007, 00:39
Actually I was looking for advice on whether it would be possible and worthwhile to take only the one AP. Wanted to know if anyone had one as I know they popular with villa owners who go out a few times a year? Are there benefits which I would not be able to take advantage of as only one in my party would have the ticket?

Also I believe that Pleasure Island and the waterparks are not included in the ordinary AP. Hence the query about the cost.......
L

florida4sun
02-03-2007, 00:52
We used to to have them, the benefits and restrictions change all each year so not sure what they are offering at the moment. I know parking was dropped form the seasonal AP.
To be honest not many owners have them. Most will will buy a non expiry pass and split over 2 or 3 visits.
Minor parks are not included on the regular AP.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by millie
Actually I was looking for advice on whether it would be possible and worthwhile to take only the one AP. Wanted to know if anyone had one as I know they popular with villa owners who go out a few times a year? Are there benefits which I would not be able to take advantage of as only one in my party would have the ticket?

Also I believe that Pleasure Island and the waterparks are not included in the ordinary AP. Hence the query about the cost.......
L[/quote]

Carla
02-03-2007, 00:59
If you visit the Disney parks on 21 separate days then you would pay US$210 in parking fees. That works out at approximately GBP105. GBP184 plus GBP105 = GBP289, so you wouldn't be saving anything on parking by having an Annual pass.

There are some advantages to having one person with an annual pass. For example you can get 10% off lunches at many of the Epcot restaurants, Monday to Friday for the passholder and up to 3 other persons. This is also valid for some other Disney restaurants. Some places offer a discount on merchandise too.

You would need to check out the Disney website to make sure that you would be likely to take advantage of the discounts. Often you think that you will, but in the end you don't go to the places that let you have the discount at the times that you can have it. If there is a small chance that you'll use the discounts for things other than parking, then I reckon that it's worth getting one AP ticket.

Have a great vacation.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Ruth
02-03-2007, 01:47
You used to get 10% off in the World of Disney at Downtown Disney with an annual pass. This made it good value for us but I have no idea if it still has this.