PDA

View Full Version : Travelling with Kids Advice / Tips

ccarcher
27-02-2007, 16:03
Will be taking my son(5) and daughter(4) to Florida this July

they have both travelled since 14 weeks old on numerous flights to thats no problem, and often just fall asleep

However now they are a bit older, things will no doubt be different

Like all would like the travel to be relatively stress free and enjoyable

my idea being to turn the whole holiday / travel (especially) into a complete adventure for them (s[bad language filtered out]book, photos, autographs activities, tasks to be completed etc)

Anyone got any ideas or done this before on the type of things i could include to make this more enjoyable for them both and less stressfull for mum and dad

27-02-2007, 17:11
My 5 and 9 year are into doing a s c r a p book which is I think what you were saying before it was filtered out[msnwink]

We always take lots of little bits an bobs that they have not seen before and vidoe ipods go down well as you can fill them with lots of their fav films, music or TV progs[msnwink]

ccarcher
27-02-2007, 18:41
yes it was a S c r a p b o o k , never realised it would get filtered oh my innocence

i have a pda that I have a lot of their movies on which will accompany us, although hopefully virgin entertainment system will keep them amused wirth films / games

we were thinking of ipods (as they both like their kids music / stories and audiobooks) was probably going to invest in new ones for them both as a gift although I dont think we will be allowed to board with them wrapped up ??? anyone know

but not much of a problem they can unwrap on the way to the airport if it is an issue

just wondering if anyone else has ideas to build the adventure, and and their own itinarary etc, things to spot, identify etc

One of mine was along the lines of scavenger hunt, not literally searching the aircraft for items to cram into a matchbook (although how much fun would that be !![msnsmile2], but maybe identifying certain items beginning with a letter on route, during the flight etc

anyone else got any creative ideas / noval games / tasks or activities to build this one up