PDA

View Full Version : general tip

grangrad
27-02-2007, 00:21
just received my tesco clubcard points rewards.

traded them in for my airport parking, for every £2.50 in points these can be exchanged for £10 in vouchers for purple airport parking.

we had enough to cover the complete stay of our forthcoming florida holiday.

if anyone gets the clubcard awards they should consider this as it works out a fantastic deal.

the cost of the parking to us is nil really as we shop in tesco anyway, if i had booked the car parking direct it was going to cost me £53.00 for two weeks. so for £12.50 in clubcard vouchers all it is costing me is £3. good deal i feel.

christhear
27-02-2007, 00:45
£53 for 2 weeks seems very cheap. My summer holiday would have been over £160 (for 3 and a bit weeks) but we always use the Tesco tokens for this. Cost me just over £40 in tokens.

merlin
27-02-2007, 01:23
Hi

Unfortunately Tesco is stopping purple parking deals from 30th April, I think. So if you are planning to use your Clubcard vouchers to pay for your airport parking you must get them and book your parking before the deadline. I am just waiting for my vouchers to arrive so I can book my parking at Christmastime. I have used them before and I am really sorry to see the deal ending. It is a great saving.

Shaffrey
27-02-2007, 01:31
I can't believe it another great tip, just got my points saturday, got quite a few as well. But not flying anywhere, mind you we only live 10 mins from manchester airport. I will have to find something else to spend them on!!

Thanks

millie
27-02-2007, 04:09
We now have enough Clubcard deals to spend a night at the Hilton at Gatwick airport the night beofre we fly!!!! I love Clubcard points!!!!!
L

another
27-02-2007, 11:29
We also use the points for 'purple parking'[msnsmile]. It is such a great deal. We use them for the euro tunnel too, makes shopping trips to France even better value:D. It is well worth looking to see what they have on offer ie RAC cover etc.

ahagan
27-02-2007, 13:09
What is purple parking?

Robert5988
27-02-2007, 15:49
You can get heavily discounted prices from Purple Parking on-line(i.e. discounted from their arrive and pay prices) but you have to pay in advance with a credit/debit card

Do the Tesco vouchers work on these discounted prices?

bouncey
28-02-2007, 00:22
Why not convert points to airmiles! instead of cheap parking you will get cheap flights[msnsmile]