PDA

View Full Version : Bahama Bay Resort & Spa

tekania
26-02-2007, 17:39
Hi,

I posted ealier but I am unsure if it was posted in the proper place.

I am attempted to book at this location today and would like any feedback that is out there.

I want to thank you kindly for any responses that could help with our travel plans.

I will be visiting DWD in mid-March and just can't wait.

Thank you

blott
26-02-2007, 18:18
Welcome to the forum.

You posted in the Kids' area so I've now deleted your previous post as adults aren't allowed in that section of the forum.

Perhaps I could ask what made you choose Bahama Bay?

tekania
26-02-2007, 21:48
I found it surfing the net for accomodations in and around WDW.

Have you every been?

Thank you for your response, I was wondering where my message had disappeared to.

I am more interested in the feedback concerning on-line booking. The reason is because I found it online for 89.00 U.S. per night and my travel agent is quoting a price of $174.62 CAN. That is quite a difference but I have never had any experience booking on-line. And, of course I am a little leary about the credit card on-line business.

I called the 1 - 800 number to book by telephone but no one is answering. I am forever on hold.

Could you offer any advice.
Thank you for your response, Kat

Thanks, Kathy

blott
26-02-2007, 22:33
No, I've not stayed at Bahama Bay.

Sometimes if prices look too good to be true, there's a reason. Is the cheaper price direct with an owner of the place you'll be staying in? The reason I ask is that a travel agent is likely to add some commission onto their charges whereas booking direct with an owner you cut out the middle person.

If I were you, I'd check out everything that you can online about whoever is offering the cheaper price (particularly if it's not via an owner).

You can get some great homes from this site directly from owners themselves so why not put in an inquiry using the links at the top of each forum page? All the owners are verified regularly by the website owners so that you can be sure that they own the home they're advertising. Use an inquiry to all four sites as each one has different owners or why not have a browse through and see if any homes look suitable for your requirements.

tekania
27-02-2007, 05:09
Thank you for all your help with my predicament.

I am still looking.

Kat.

ravtino
14-04-2007, 01:19
I had a friend buying a home at Bahama Bay it should have been ready last year but they are still waiting, I would look on here at villas.