PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

ingrap
26-02-2007, 00:22
Hi All,

I'm a disney virgin and going to Florida for the first time at the end of March - I'm so excited.

We're going for 14 days and there will be 4 of us to big kids, and a 11 year old girl and 6 year old lad.

I'm a little confused with the huge selection of park tickets available, can anyone recommend a suitable cocktail of tickets for newbies

Thank you

Pauline

trevlad
26-02-2007, 02:23
you need to decide where you want to go.
obviously disney then sea world? and perhaps universal,amongst all the other options-boat rides balloon rides golf etc.

if you plan on visiting again in the future you will probably benefit from getting a 6 or 7 day disney ticket and add on the non expiry option and the water park options. depending on how much the day average works out it may work out value to get a 10 day ticket. the benefit of getting the higher number of days option tickets is that you get the extra 'option' days for the water parks and disney quest.

with regards to sea world and universal you can get seperate tickets/ day tickets or universal do a week ticket, but you can also get the orlando flex ticket which gives you access everyday to sea world both universal parks and also wet n wild the water park on international drive plus for a little extra you can include busch gardens

its really down to your family decision. you may find that although you overlap, ie 14 possible day entry to one park and seven to another etc etc, it is as better to do this for 2 reasons. one is the cost - its almost as cheap to get a multiple day ticket as it is for a day ticket, and two, its gives you flexibility to change plans and go to different parks if you desire or weather/crowds dictate

anyway youll have great fun with the head ache of choosing!!!

Kazzie
26-02-2007, 03:19
Hi Pauline and welcome to the forum.

My advice would be to make sure that you have a couple of free days where you can chill out, the parks are fantastic but they can be very exhausting. If you try to do everything you will go home needing another holiday to get over it. Go for the tickets that dont expire then you have the ideal excuse to go back to Florida. You will almost certainly want to return anyway as everything is fantastic.

Are you staying in a villa? If so you will really want to have some days free to enjoy the freedom of so much space and your very own pool.

I am sure you will have a fantastic time and dont forget to write a trip report so that we can read about your stay.

Any more questions that you have ask away or have fun searching through all the useful threads that are already here.

Karen

gail and david roberts
26-02-2007, 15:18
Pauline welcome to the forum , you will love Florida and have a great time at the parks
like Karen said above ,
don't forget to chill out too.
and remember all the great Shopping malls to visit

Fourdents
26-02-2007, 15:37
Welcome to the forum Pauline

This is a great way to get info for your FLORIDA holiday :)