PDA

View Full Version : Which Car?

Susan
21-02-2007, 19:21
There will be 7 of us travelling and we're not sure yet whether to hire one large or two small cars. I thought my mum who will be 72 and on her first trip to Orlando, may struggle getting in and out of a 7-seater. Does anyone know if any particular make has easier access?

Sue

MarkJan
21-02-2007, 20:11
I would go for 2x 4 door cars for 2 reasons. Firstly, all 7 don't then have to do the same activity. Secondly, 2 cars will give more luggage room than 1x 7 seater.

Either way, book through www.uscarhire.co.uk and it'll be more cost effective than going direct.

For access, I would personally say a larger 4 door is easier to get in and out of than a 7 seater.

Have a good trip.

Lynnes
21-02-2007, 21:10
I agree with Mark it is better to have the 2 cars for the freedom it gives you.

Pegasus928
21-02-2007, 23:06
I would vote for 2 based on experience. We have had a 7 seater before and it was a case of "where we go - you go"

If there are 2 drivers amongst you then 2 cars makes more sense.

Pegasus

freddiehollie
21-02-2007, 23:15
I would agree that 2 cars will probably be better than the people carrier, more flexability
for your party, but have to disagree on access.
My parents are both into their 70s and have no problems at all getting in or out
of our Chrysler Voyager.
In fact its easier because it is a better height for them. (no bending ;))

wendyd
22-02-2007, 12:51
Two cars as this gives much more freedom.
Wend

andrewandcarole
22-02-2007, 13:04
When we go with family we always have 2 cars - but one is a 7 seater so we have options - either out together or separately. It works well for us!

Carole

Susan
22-02-2007, 15:04
Thanks for your replies. The problem is that the rest of my party haven't been to Florida before. Only one of them drives and they're more than a little nervous about driving on the other side of the road. I've tried to reassure them, but not working at the moment. Not going till end of November so still plenty of time to change their mind. Still would like to know if mum (72) will be able to get in and out of a 7/8 seater okay.

Sue

blott
22-02-2007, 16:06
My Mum is 85 and we have a 7 seater in the UK and she's always in it! [msnwink] In fact, because the seats are that much higher than a 'normal' car, it's much easier to get in and out as you can turn around, park your backside on the seat and just turn yourself around to face front. Much easier than trying to fold yourself up into a 'normal' car if you're elderly or have mobility problems.

22-02-2007, 16:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
My Mum is 85 and we have a 7 seater in the UK and she's always in it! [msnwink] In fact, because the seats are that much higher than a 'normal' car, it's much easier to get in and out as you can turn around, park your backside on the seat and just turn yourself around to face front. Much easier than trying to fold yourself up into a 'normal' car if you're elderly or have mobility problems.
[/quote]

I agree with you Blott, I have a 7 seater Chrysler Voyager and my 83 y/o MIL finds it easier to get in my car than in my FIL's saloon car[msnsmile2]