PDA

View Full Version : Beunaventura Lakes & Meadow Woods

Funshine
07-09-2003, 03:15
I've been a member of this forum for a little while now and have noticed a lack of information on Beunaventura Lakes and Meadow Woods. Hopefully I'll be able to remedy this.

In the early 70's thousands of acres of Florida wasteland were bought by a German/Mexican Jew called Rodolfo Stern. He was a shrewd investor who realised the potential for housing and tourism in the greater Orlando area when Disney first arrived in Florida. He planned and developed the communities, which is how Beunaventura Lakes and Meadow Woods was born and is still growing today with new property being built to the north-east of Osceola Parkway by Boggy Creek Road.

Buenaventura Lakes and Meadow Woods are two more mature communities located in East Kissimmee. They cross the county line from south Orange County to north Osceola County. The area has schools, shopping centres, a volunteer fire service, a sheriff’s office, post office, and community centre. There is are churches, a library, Banks, gas stations, convenience stores and fast food outlets - all on site, not miles away. Three supermarkets, one being Albertsons, and a fantastic Wal-Mart superstore - the list goes on!

Only 15 minutes drive south-west from Orlando International Airport using the south exit to Boggy Creek Road and then onto Greeneway (417), or 30 minutes if you take the Sand Lake Road (528) route. Both routes are VERY convenient for arriving and departing owners and guests. Sanford Airport is 45/50 minutes drive using the Greeneway (417) toll road.

Being so close to Osceola Parkway we have very easy access to all Disney parks and Highway 192 east and west. We can also take Greeneway to Celebration, Lake Buena Vista, Seaworld, International Drive or head north to Cocoa Beach, Winter Park and points north of Orlando WITHOUT ever having to drive on the very busy I4 at all!

As we are just 20 minutes drive from downtown Orlando using Orange Avenue (527) and just 10 minutes from downtown Kissimmee itself, with its beautiful Lake Tohopekaliga, we find the location ideal for all our needs.

The area has developed so much since we bought our villa, eleven years ago Disney was actually further away from us than it is now. Its wonderful Osceola Parkway takes us right onto World Drive and to Disney's Maingate in just 12 minutes.

There are four golf courses within the easy driving distance. Therefore the area is very popular with visiting golfers! The local golf club provides a social facility similar to the English Pub atmosphere.

The area offers plenty of entertainment and adventures, for example, Osceola County Baseball Stadium and the Osceola Flea and Farmer's Market which are extremely popular with tourist, as well as the Boggy Creek Airboat and Parasail Rides, East Lake Fishing Camp and Kissimmee Golf Driving Range and Baseball Batting Cages.

I hope this insight into Beunaventura Lakes and Meadow Woods has enlightened you and that it will help anyone considering staying in the area.