PDA

View Full Version : How Long

ccarcher
15-02-2007, 16:51
Just wondering how long it takes on average to get through US immigration now at Orlando Airport, as i will be travelling (like many I imagine) with 2 young children

Do they really digitally photograph and finger scan everybody as I read somewhere else ??

Cruella DeVilla
15-02-2007, 17:05
Yes you do have finger prints and a digital photo take.

I am a pro and can get through in a matter of minutes, I have never waited more than 10 minutes and that is the truth. It depends on the day in question but it is a smooth operation and the wait should not be too long. With small children aim around 25 minutes or so depending on how far up the queue you are.

Clare R
15-02-2007, 17:43
I try to stand behind families as they don't take so long as individual businessmen who have to go forward one at a time

ellie
15-02-2007, 17:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Yes you do have finger prints and a digital photo take.

I am a pro and can get through in a matter of minutes, I have never waited more than 10 minutes and that is the truth. It depends on the day in question but it is a smooth operation and the wait should not be too long. With small children aim around 25 minutes or so depending on how far up the queue you are.
[/quote]

How do you manage that, CDV? Do you flutter your eyelashes....[msnwink]

gwendolinemary
15-02-2007, 18:42
The photographing and scanning once you get to the desk only takes about 5 minutes. It's the queueing that takes time but that depends on how many flights have landed at the same time. Move as quickly as you can with two young children (!) through the terminal to immigration and don't join the first queue you come to - head quickly over to the furthest away queues while everyone else dithers about which queue to join!! We've never waited more than about twenty minutes.

feathersonline
15-02-2007, 18:49
I have heard it suggested that you go to the queue on the right, nearest the US citizens line, as when they have processed all the US residents arriving home, they will call over the nearest queue to get them through...;)

Cruella DeVilla
15-02-2007, 18:49
I am certainly not giving my secrets away Ellie.[grin]

ellie
15-02-2007, 19:19
[/quote]

Oh, darn it....not even for a chocolate muffin????[msnwink][easter1]

ShirleyD
15-02-2007, 20:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by feathersonline
I have heard it suggested that you go to the queue on the right, nearest the US citizens line, as when they have processed all the US residents arriving home, they will call over the nearest queue to get them through...;)
[/quote]
This can work and also going to the far left, as people don't tend to walk over there. Always look at who is in the queue as suggested families can get through with less hassle than groups of single young men for example.

Cruella DeVilla
15-02-2007, 22:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
[/quote]

[/quote]

MMMMMM.......NA![msnwink]

ellie
15-02-2007, 23:17
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You were tempted, CDV....................if only for a minute.....:D

mizzy
16-02-2007, 00:36
i reckon it's a first class privilege , that must be mrs cdv secret, travelling first class so she's off the plane first so first in the queue[msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
16-02-2007, 01:43
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You were tempted, CDV....................if only for a minute.....:D
[/quote]

Nano second...............[:I]

Cruella DeVilla
16-02-2007, 01:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
i reckon it's a first class privilege , that must be mrs cdv secret, travelling first class so she's off the plane first so first in the queue[msnwink]
[/quote]

Right that's it Mizzy I am going to have to send the boys round giving my secrets away....almost;)

mizzy
16-02-2007, 01:58
i think you flash them a certain look too Cruella, the sort of look where they know better not to mess with you[msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
16-02-2007, 13:45
[laugh][laugh]