PDA

View Full Version : Park Tickets / Suggestions for a 4 week stay

ccarcher
14-02-2007, 19:05
Hi

will be returning to Florida for myself and taking along my wife and kids (5 & 4) for the first time, this summer July 22nd - 19th August for 4 weeks

Any suggestions / recomendations on buying park tickets what and where I should buy to cover this period would be appreciated

florida4sun
14-02-2007, 19:19
Depends on budget and which parks you intend to visit but something along the lines of:

5 - 7 day Disney (with or without water parks.
5 park flex (unlimited access to Universal, IAO, Sea World, Busch Gardens and wet n wild).

Maybe kennedy and gatorland

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ccarcher
Hi

will be returning to Florida for myself and taking along my wife and kids (5 & 4) for the first time, this summer July 22nd - 19th August for 4 weeks

Any suggestions / recomendations on buying park tickets what and where I should buy to cover this period would be appreciated

[/quote]

ccarcher
14-02-2007, 19:26
Was obviously thinking disney / sea world my personal favourite, busch gardens and universal

was more thinking along the lines of how many days passes I bought, want to stagger the visits in a more relaxed way over the full 4 weeks,

guess we are looking at those with long term non expiry options

trevlad
14-02-2007, 19:56
why not consider a dolphin swim at the start of your holiday or one or two weeks in and get the 14 day consecutive sea world and busch garden entry with it.
also because you are out for so long look for the 21 day brit disney ticket which allows you to hop everywhere/water parks/disney quest any parks etc every day as many times as you want for 21 days.
i think martin does a 7 day universal ticket but am unsure if this is 7 visits or 7 days on the bounce.
this will give you a good spread. some days will overlap but thats gonna happen to get the discounted prices rather than pay entry each day.
other than the above there are plenty of other places to visit as well, including the odd down day in your pool at the villa or a round of golf/hot air balloon morning etc.
the beauty of getting the all in tickets is that subject to parking fees you can go say animal kingdom on a morning /swimm at thyphoon at lunchgtime then see shamu in the afternoon before the late magic kingdom parade.

whatever you decide you will have great fun:D

christhear
14-02-2007, 21:40
If you want to save a bit of money and not buy the non-expiring disney ticket you could limit Disney to your first 2 weeks and then use the 5 park universal flex on your second 2 weeks. A 7 visit disney ticket should be plenty for 2 weeks as you need to remeber to build in some rest days or you will need another holidya at the end of this one. what we tend to do is look at which days disney are open longer and use these as our disney days then always have a complete rest day. If you choose a ticket which allows hoping you can go to Animal Kingdom in the day and then pop back to one of the other parks to watch the night shows later.

millie
14-02-2007, 23:50
I would recommend the 21 day Disney tocket too. It giveyou lots of flexibility and with little ones it is sometimes bestto spread the parks over more days rather than cramming them in all in one day. We have bought the 21 day ticket before and its great value.
At about £184 for an adult its good value for money.
We found that we prefered to spend a morning or an afternoon or an evening in the parks then spend the rest of the day doing soemthing else. Because you can use the ticket as many times as you like in 21 days there is no need stay when the little ones are getting tired.

You can park hop and use it in the water parks and DisneyQuest.

As for Universal I have no clue! We usually only get a few days but I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice on that.

ccarcher
15-02-2007, 00:40
Thanks for that

the Dolphin swim would certainly have been up there at the top of our list, until we found aout that children have to be at least 6

Whilst both of mine can swim they are only 5 & 4 and therefore this would be an expensive non event day