PDA

View Full Version : town center resort

sheila brown
06-09-2003, 13:42
Does anyone know anything about town center resort. I am looking to buy a villa but don't know which community. Town center seems to be quite reasonably priced. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Maureen Edwards
06-09-2003, 14:59
Hi Sheila, If this is Bridgewater at Town Center, then it is a nice development. My friend owns a 4 bed on there. It spreads around the CR 54 and Old Lake Wilson road junction, so good position for I-4 and the attractions, I would say 15 mins to Disney. I believe you can also use the facilities at Bridgewater Crossing, the first stage of the development(check that out as I am not 100% sure)My friends place backs onto a Lake, but most of those lots have gone now I believe.

I am on a development on CR 54 and love it. You have a gas station on the corner of Old Lake Wilson, Championsgate Golf course, Publix, McDonalds, Chinese Takeaway, Subway and another gas station, about 3 mins drive from Town Centre (This is a lovely area, beautifully landscaped)

Good luck in your house hunting, Any more questions, ask away;)

huckleberry house
06-09-2003, 15:50
This is more likely to be D R Horton homes town centre resort on Lake Wilson resort.I believe some people feel that the homes are small for the size of bedrooms in them and they may also only have single garages,I have only seen the gated entrance to them and that did look very impressive though,may be worth a look but do so with an open mind.Try a search and look at previous posts I think this has been discussed before.
Lesley

blott
06-09-2003, 16:25
Hi Sheila

You might like to read this previous thread about Town Center before making up your mind. http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2403&SearchTerms=town,center

sheila brown
06-09-2003, 19:08
Hi

The homes I've been looking at were by D R Horton and after reading the previous thread about Town Center I don't think they sound such a good buy.Like everyone I want a good deal. If I were to buy a resale does it take a while to get the renting going. Also I am a bit green with the internet and would like to know the easiest way to deal with enquiries and hopefully bookings.

Thanks
Sheila

Cowboy
06-09-2003, 19:22
Hi Sheila,
Town Center resort is now being built by R.Horton. It was originally being developed by Westgate who were taken over by R.Horton. Horton changed the original designs both there and at their new Windward Bay developement on the CR54 between Old Lake Wilson and the US27. I was speaking to a Realtor I know in May of this year and he said that Horton's new designs were not really suitable for the STR market and were thinking of going back to the drawing board again. About 6 homes had been built at Windward Bay but there was no activity on the site in May.
If your mind is set on buying please don't let your heart rule your head and go with as many figures of costs as you can muster together. Make a list of questions to ask. Find a good Realtor who will take you to different communities. Seriously consider a re-sale.
Our home is at Ashley Manor on the CR54 and we love the area which is less than 15 minutes to Disney, 30 minutes Orlando Int.,2 miles I-4 and all the amenities Maureen mentions.
Good Luck,
Mike.

sheila brown
06-09-2003, 20:09
hello Mike

I've just been having a look on www.realtor.com and you seem to get a lot more for your money when buying a re-sale. I have been given the name of a good realtor and was thinking maybe the best bet would be to say what we were looking for and the price range and see what she can come up with.
I'm just a bit concerned that if we bought a re-sale we wouldn't be able to get it rented out right away and have to pay all the bills ourselves for a while - It's a big decision!

Sheila

chrizzy100
06-09-2003, 21:08
quote:Originally posted by sheila brown

hello Mike

I've just been having a look on www.realtor.com and you seem to get a lot more for your money when buying a re-sale. I have been given the name of a good realtor and was thinking maybe the best bet would be to say what we were looking for and the price range and see what she can come up with.
I'm just a bit concerned that if we bought a re-sale we wouldn't be able to get it rented out right away and have to pay all the bills ourselves for a while - It's a big decision!

Sheila

For a 4 bedroom I think you need around 2000sq ft of living space...not area under roof...that can mean the entry way and garage and lanai....we have 2,135 sq ft of living space in our 4 bed....with two living areas....but I think the bedrooms are still a little small....but being as there are only 3 of us I'm more than happy with the sizes.....

blott
07-09-2003, 02:29
Sheila, if you buy a resale which has been a short term rental home (STR) already, you may even get some advance rentals in place from the previous owner.

fiona
07-09-2003, 05:23
Sheila if you buy a brand new house you may have no rentals for up to 6 months depending upon the building going on round you.

As Blottie says you may be able to take the bookings over from the owner if you buy a villa that is already STR. It may be conditional upon you using the same management company (if they are MC bookings) or if they are owner bookings they would want the bookings to be in place so that the guests would not have their bookings cancelled.

Also if you know the purchase is going ahead you can have your website ready bar the pics and then get going immediately you take it over, plus sign up with sites such as this!

Nielsen
11-09-2003, 02:07
Sheila,

I bought a 5 bed 3 bath at Town Center Reserve in May and are very impressed with the finish of the houses, the colorful layout and some of the homes have some fantastic views over the lake.
We have let the home for 10 weeks this summer and feel that is a good result for first timers like us.
Only 94 homes and all complete, very tranquil and either overlooking water or consevation woodland or both. Our management company says it is east to let and we have so far only had positive comments from our holiday makers single garage or not.........

huckleberry house
11-09-2003, 03:40
Nielsen
The problem with single garages isnt necessarily whether your guests mind it is more to do with short term rental rules.I was under the impression that to comply with regulations for s.t.r. that garages had to be double,correct me if I am wrong someone,also many Housing associations do not allow vehicles to be parked on the road over night and can arrange for vehicles to be towed away in some subdivisions.If you have a two party family with two cars then it stands to reason that they may park on the road then find their car gone in the morning or a fine waiting for them.Neither of which will add to their holiday experience.
Lesley

Nielsen
12-09-2003, 20:25
Lesley
I hear what your saying and will ask my association what the rules are. - thanks.
With regards to the regulations on s.t.r. and single garage we most certainly was never informed it could be a problem. Quite simply we would not have bought there if that was the case, so it would be nice to know for sure..............

Citrus-view
08-11-2003, 20:16
Hi if these are the DK Horton villas, we looked at then at the begining of this year. The main problem that we could see were the lot size as an example on the 4 bed the front door was on the side and on the other side of the path was next door's air con unit. They only had a single garage which could affect re-sale. The other point that we did not like was the pool being an "L" shape. As fencing is required by law now it meant that there was no where to sit!.

Having said this a $9,000 discount was already on the table and the selling price included all furiture.

Location was also very great with the lake to the rear and conservation area to the fron (that you cannot use)

In the end we have purchased on Orange Tree, US27 just north of U192 just in Lake County.

Where ever you buy would suggest sooner rather thqn latter as building materials are jumping up in price due to the fires and rebuilding of IRaq.