PDA

View Full Version : best place for work and living in Florida

yun
06-09-2003, 11:42
Tell me about your living place, weather, work, etc..
I need some clue for choosing a right place for me and my family in Florida .. [:I]

blott
06-09-2003, 16:43
Hi Yun

Not many of us live in Florida (unfortunately) but own vacation homes there.

I would have thought that your best plan would be to look into the work situation first of all as that may well determine where you need to live? There's not much point in finding a good place to live if you can't find work to pay for your home!

I think you said you were allied to nursing so you need to be looking at either large centers with a choice of hospitals (Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa, etc) or somewhere with a large retirement population with nursing requirements, where you will be more likely to find suitable work.

The weather is much the same throughout Florida, ie a tropical climate with heat and humidity during the summer months as well as rainfall most afternoons at that time and mainly temperate in the winter. The north of Florida is slightly cooler and the south is hottest.

yun
07-09-2003, 23:53
I prefer to choose an area with oddly blasting by hurricanes or Flood. Do you think Orlando area match for that ?