PDA

View Full Version : How do you flick through a magazine?

Carla
07-02-2007, 14:48
The villa owners are looking into various advertising opportunities and we are hoping that you can all help us with this, please.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

When you pick up a magazine and flick through it, how do you do it? Try not to think about how you do this as it may affect what you do. Instead please just pick up a magazine next time you're near one, watch what you did and then let us know.

I have split the options into right and left handed, with options 1-4 being for right handers and 5-8 for left handers.

Please determine the "hand" according to the one that you write with.

Thank you very much for your help with this.
It is greatly appreciated.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
07-02-2007, 14:55
done! mind boggles [^]

orlandochris
07-02-2007, 15:39
Very random!!

steph_goodrum
07-02-2007, 16:00
I've voted on the most usual way I use Carla but it does depend on the quality of the paper (it's mainly because it is easier to use your thumb to turn pages than index finger I think :)

jackie greaves
07-02-2007, 16:36
I wonder if anyone votes to do it another way:D

E. Cosgrove
07-02-2007, 22:48
I think some of those are physically impossible for me[msneek][msnwink]
Glad to see I am with the majority[msnsmile]

ShirleyD
08-02-2007, 00:11
So why do we read back to front, I've often wondered about it. Perhaps because flicking is quicker as if I have time or am going through old mags to cut out the bits to keep, I will go through front to back!!

chris c
08-02-2007, 01:18
I think it stems from the days when I used to have time to read popular "Women's" magazines and the problem page was always at the back!![msnwink][msnwink]

emm
08-02-2007, 01:33
I have voted for another way.

I am right handed. I sort of rest the spine of the magazine in the palm of my left hand and fingers, resting it lightly on my fingers. I hold all the pages in my other hand and use my thumb to control them as they flick over, one at a time hopefully, from front to back. I'm not sure if I have made that very clear - it's hard to explain. [msnscared] Just to confuse things, sometimes I hold the magazine in the other hand, and do it the other way round - it depends how I have picked the magazine up in the first place!

Paula D-S
08-02-2007, 02:02
I mainly read magazines and newspapers whilst they are on a table, I go from front to back using my right hand.
If I'm not at the table I will rest the magazine on my legs and again use my right hand to turn the pages front to back.
I am right handed.

Is this some sort of scientific experiment Carla.[msnwink]

mizzy
08-02-2007, 02:18
i'm the same as emm, i don't have a lot of time to read magazines etc so the article has to catch my eye to get my full attention

my daughter is a big fan of "anime" which are graphic novels that are written back to front and it confuses the librarian everytime we get one of these books out[msneek]

Mizzy