PDA

View Full Version : US High Temperature Record

blott
06-02-2007, 20:47
We were lucky enough to be in Florida during December 2006 and January 2007 when the weather was really great and warm - on the day we left it was 84F. [msncry]

However, the point of posting this was the fact that the US experienced record high temperatures during December 2006 (lucky us!) all over the place. This is supposedly due to El Nino from the Pacific so, as well as Florida, all sorts of other places found themselves with unseasonably warm weather and led to December being declared as the warmest December since records began in the US.

CERICROWLEY
06-02-2007, 21:03
We were out ourselves at Christmas, and for the first time in three years we actually came back with a glowing suntan. Its still great to be in Florida in the winter than dreary cold and wet UK, there is still as always perfect at this time of year, but it was even more perfect this year.

ellie
06-02-2007, 22:45
We, too, spent Christmas in our villa, and the weather was, indeed, beautifully warm. Its such a lovely time to visit as there is minimal humidity, yet it is warm enough to walk around in short sleeves. I particularly love shopping in the evening and walking out of the Mall at Millenia and feeling the warmth engulfing me. Magic...

Lynnes
06-02-2007, 23:08
I am in Florida now and sunbathing the weather today is great blue skies and lots of sunshine.

Lynne S
07-02-2007, 00:03
We spent the New Year in Florida, I had packed all sorts of jumpers, jackets and jeans...We didn't need them. Even the temprature at night didn't drop.

Here is my son and niece on New Years eve in our pool in wonderful tempratures of 82F

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/jadehouse/2007262011_joelyd.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/jadehouse/20072620127_lydjoe.jpg

E. Cosgrove
07-02-2007, 00:19
Looks like they had great fun Lynne!!:D

Robert5988
07-02-2007, 00:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I am in Florida now and sunbathing the weather today is great blue skies and lots of sunshine.[/quote]

So am I. However it is not warm(several degrees below normal) and its been pretty miserable the last couple of days.

I got here 21 Jan and Jan 22nd was a record(85F) but since then the weather has been quite poor with only a couple of really nice days.

Hasn't stopped the fish biting though.

andrewandcarole
07-02-2007, 02:38
It's for sure a whole lot warmer than here in the UK though - and I know where I'd rather be![msnwink]

Carole

MarkJan
07-02-2007, 02:59
Pretty cold in Manchester, I'd take anything over freezing at the minute.

blott
07-02-2007, 03:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I am in Florida now and sunbathing the weather today is great blue skies and lots of sunshine.[/quote]

So am I. However it is not warm(several degrees below normal) and its been pretty miserable the last couple of days.

I got here 21 Jan and Jan 22nd was a record(85F) but since then the weather has been quite poor with only a couple of really nice days.

Hasn't stopped the fish biting though.[/quote]Oh Robert, what a shame we missed you! We left on 22 January (one of the very many hot days of our six week stay as you say) so we almost met at the airport.

Believe me, you're better weather wise in Florida. We had snow on our first morning back (24 Jan) and a very thick frost this morning which took ages to get off the car windows. [msneek]

dawn
07-02-2007, 12:14
Just heard on the radio that here in UK we are on a severe weather warning for tonight, with possible record snowfall[msnscared]Roll on next week, and bring some glorious Florida sunshine[msncool]

E. Cosgrove
07-02-2007, 12:24
Forecastin 6 " snow in SE over the next couple of days. Better set off early for gatwick on Sat!!![8D]

Cruella DeVilla
07-02-2007, 21:29
It's almost time for Ms DeVilla's suitcase to come out again and I know where I want to be on this freezing Yorksire night as I sit in pokey, noisey hotel room dreaming of the Florida sunshine and a cocktail or 10 by the pool.

lorraine51
07-02-2007, 22:24
Can only dream of cocktails by the pool its freezing here,I hear we're in for worst snow in ten years,glad we are on the coast,we usually only get a little...[msnembarrased]

DiannaUK
07-02-2007, 23:29
I'm in chilly Manchester at the moment, then to Bristol tomorrow and Friday and back to the SE with possible 6" of snow.

I'm off to Florida on 24 February and I can't wait - give me FL over UK any day!

Dianna

CERICROWLEY
08-02-2007, 11:08
Well this is Cardiff at 7.00 am this morning. I know where I want to be right now. Weather in Florida yesterday on my weather channel desktop was 76 degrees, it says its 30 degrees in Cardiff at the moment.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/cericrowley/2007287726_DSC01310.JPG

I know a lot more of you will have a good couple of more inches, and for many of you that are travelling today I do hope you are not too much delayed, your lucky things.[msnmad]

reemur
08-02-2007, 15:54
A lot of snow in the Midlands Had to work from home today
Spent morning helping people push the cars up the hill outside our house
Hope things improve tomorrow

abbeyvillas
08-02-2007, 17:55
No snow here in the North-East at the moment but won't speak too soon as apparently it's on it's way [msneek]
Pam

becbecs
08-02-2007, 18:01
We were out at Xmas 2006 and enjoyed the Warm Weather also. Shame about the UK weather but it is nice to see snow.

Heading for Florida Xmas 2007 also so hopefully lovely warm weather again.

chrizzy100
08-02-2007, 21:38
We've just had our first cold weather in MA....it was -1....its now a nice 26...I thought I would find it cold back here after 6 weeks in FL...but the cooler weather there the last few weeks made it less of a shock...England must be getting all our snow...my kids said they only had a few inches while we were away..

thornton
10-02-2007, 02:40
It has been lovely here again today, temperatures in the 70s, spent the day gardening and having a dip or two in the pool. [msnsmile2]