PDA

View Full Version : General Election

caroline
06-02-2007, 19:08
If there was a general election tomorrow who would you vote for?

luckylady
06-02-2007, 21:45
OK voted,politics not my strongest point, Is one party better than another?
All they seem to do is slag each other off

MarkJan
06-02-2007, 22:06
Voted, wonder why nobody has voted for Gordon Brown? Something to do with too much tax on flights maybe? [V]

caroline
06-02-2007, 22:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan
Voted, wonder why nobody has voted for Gordon Brown? Something to do with too much tax on flights maybe? [V]
[/quote]

That was one of the things that made me wonder how people would vote

CERICROWLEY
06-02-2007, 22:17
My vote hasn't changed since the last election, although I don't vote through loyalty or what ever, I believe just like getting bookings for the home etc, you have to get off your butt and work for what you get. Sorry if its a bit thatcherism. [msnwink]

ShirleyD
06-02-2007, 23:46
Whoever you vote for, the Government get in [msnscared] Lets just hope the next lot put the departure tax down, but I won't hold my breath....tho there maybe a hope for inheritance tax

athurstance
06-02-2007, 23:56
Well I hope this poll is an indication of how a real general election would go. I think I've had enough tax squeezed out of me for quite some time.

SteveandJan
07-02-2007, 00:39
All this government do is squeeze the hard working!

feathersonline
07-02-2007, 02:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by athurstance
Well I hope this poll is an indication of how a real general election would go.
[/quote]

I hope for the Countrys' sake it's not....

Sorry to disagree with you, but politics is not one of the best topics for a poll on a forum about Florida - it does provoke strong feelings....

alastair
07-02-2007, 03:07
Some interesting comments. If someone knows, could they advise what the Conservative tax policies will be should they get voted in and what effect they may have on us. I can't recall them actually stating that yet and I would like to know what there intentions are so I could compare them to the current policies before deciding who to vote for.

caroline
07-02-2007, 13:21
The poll wasn't to start a great political debate, it was just to get an indication of how people are feeling compared to the last time we had a similar poll - nobody is obliged to vote or cmment - however I disagree that politics has nothing to do with a Florida forum - politics affects absolutely everything in our lives.[msnsmile2]

feathersonline
07-02-2007, 14:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
The poll wasn't to start a great political debate, it was just to get an indication of how people are feeling compared to the last time we had a similar poll - nobody is obliged to vote or cmment - however I disagree that politics has nothing to do with a Florida forum - politics affects absolutely everything in our lives.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

I didn't say it has nothing to do with a Florida forum - Of course it affects everything in our lives - I just mentioned that it can provoke strong opinions, and debates can get rather heated which is probably not appropriate for this platform!

LiesaAnna
07-02-2007, 14:57
no one has to do it,
no idea at present, but do like some of the things David Cameron has to say

Albert the Frog
07-02-2007, 18:49
The problem is there won't be a General Election tomorrow-We will have to put up with endless programmes,discussion forums,news items etc-Sometimes i think that it would be better to have one at no notice!

Cruella DeVilla
07-02-2007, 21:02
I like to be as far away from it all as possible at this time in the poitca calendar, Florida should fit the bill nicely[msncool]

E. Cosgrove
07-02-2007, 22:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
I like to be as far away from it all as possible at this time in the poitca calendar, Florida should fit the bill nicely[msncool]
[/quote]
.......and I'll come with you CDV!![msnwink]

feathersonline
08-02-2007, 03:33
[/quote]

Don't forget to organise your postal vote then...[msnwink]

julieanne
08-02-2007, 13:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
[/quote]
.......and I'll come with you CDV!![msnwink]
[/quote]

Me too!! [msnwink]

CarolAnn
08-02-2007, 13:26
Sounds like a plan to me girls:D
Funny really how so many people ( not just on here) seem to want rid of the present "Team", yet the linger like a bad smell[msneek]