PDA

View Full Version : Leu Gardens

Maureen Edwards
05-09-2003, 18:51
If you want a nice relaxing morning out, I have been told Leu Gardens is a beautiful place. They are situated just east of Downtown Orlando (exit 85 of I-4) There is a printable map/directions on their website. They are offering FREE entry Monday mornings 9am - 12 midday. Their website address is www.leugardens.org. You could carry on to Winter Park after and take a trip on the lake and see all the millionaires homes!!;)

DMC
05-09-2003, 20:34
Thanks for the tip Maureen,

I have to confess I have not come across these gardens before, but I shall visit the web site and put it on our places to visit list.

It will make a change from the Theme Parks.:)

DMC

blott
05-09-2003, 20:59
Thanks Maureen, I've just found piles of very useful gardening info on the site which will probably be of great interest to Florida home owners.

Maureen Edwards
05-09-2003, 22:26
Thank you Blott,
Didn't realise about the gardening info, will re-visit their website when I am finished on here!! We intend to plant some shrubs etc on our next trip in November, so any tips will be very useful. I am no Charlie Dimmock, so need all the help I can get (apologies to our US members, probably won't have heard of Charlie Dimmock!)

;)

Maureen Edwards
05-09-2003, 22:28
Hurray, Hurray, I have a star, I am so excited and I am a Florida Junior!!! Doesn't take much to get me excited as you can tell.[8D][8D];)
I will be posting like mad now to get another star....sad or what...

fiona
05-09-2003, 22:34
Oh Maureen there's a huge list of plants!

So, no excuse when we are out in December!

chrizzy100
05-09-2003, 22:56
quote:Originally posted by Maureen Edwards

Thank you Blott,
Didn't realise about the gardening info, will re-visit their website when I am finished on here!! We intend to plant some shrubs etc on our next trip in November, so any tips will be very useful. I am no Charlie Dimmock, so need all the help I can get (apologies to our US members, probably won't have heard of Charlie Dimmock!)

;)

Any American with BBC America....will be sick to the back teeth with Charlie Dimmock and company.....