PDA

View Full Version : Mardi Gras concerts at Universal

mrsbabypowder
06-02-2007, 00:29
started feb 3 to april 14.

Live in concert

feb 10 - donna summer
feb 17 - huey lewis and the news
feb 24 - taylor hicks (american idol 06 winner)
mar 3 - wynonna
mar 10 - the doobie brothers
mar 17 - the temptations and the four tops
mar 24 - sean paul
mar 31 - to be announced
apr 7 - daughtry (the best american idol 06)
apr 14 - kc and the sunshine band

we love mardi gras.

CarolAnn
06-02-2007, 01:33
We will definately be going again this year:) It was our first in 2006 and we loved it!! Kc and the Sunshine band , Wow!!! I will bring my platform shoes too[msnwink]

anorak
02-04-2007, 17:10
Hi eveyone, we went to the Mardi Gras at Universal on Saturday evening, parade was good, plenty of strings of beads thrown out to catch.
However after the parade you need to exit on the other side of the lake, its just too dangerous to follow the parade down to the stage area, too many people wanting to go there, other people trying to go against the flow, pushchairs in the way having been abandoned.
Please do not think I am exaggerating, this was an extremely dangerous situation, there was no room to move, if you think of a football crowd at Cup Final you are halfway there.........
If you fell over you would be trampled.

No stewards, no signs to the exit or an alternaitve route, just very very dangerous and Universal should be ashamed of their negligence and utter disregard for public safety.

Anyway, just exit in the other direction and you will have no problem whatsoever.

One thing we have noticed about events in the US, as soon as they are perceived to be over then everybody leaves en masse.
You can even notice that at shows at Universal etc, as soon as it is even approaching the end, several minutes before its really over, people often get up and make for the exits.
We noticed that at the Beetlejuice show last week, new show, great show, go to see it!

CarolAnn
02-04-2007, 17:50
Have to admit we lost some of our group last year..it was a nightmare, walkie talkies all round this year:D

chrizzy100
02-04-2007, 20:08
We always hang around...to let most people leave...we had a great time at the first show...spents 2 hours in the pouring rain listening to the group...it was freezing...hoping to catch kc and the sunshine band..but hoping for no rain this time...

E. Cosgrove
03-04-2007, 00:50
We saw Huey Lewis in Feb, a tad chilly but no major problems with getting lost or trampled on [msnwink]
Well worth the effort[msnsmile2]

CCollins
03-04-2007, 13:48
Missed it in Feb[msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry]

Next year we MUST go! I want the beads!