PDA

View Full Version : Weather in August

carol c
06-02-2007, 00:14
Hi Everyone its been along time since i have posted a question.

Visted Florida many times before but never in August.

Wanted to ask a few questions regarding the weather in August, know its huuricane season but it it really that bad? and do the parks get busy in the last two weeks of August.

Thank you in advance.[msnsmile2]

Jules
06-02-2007, 01:18
Hi Carol,

We visited Florida in August for 7 years on the run when our kids were in high school and never managed to catch a single hurricane much to my sons disgust.
The weather is hot and humid though with afternoon thunder storms almost every day but they are short lived, the rain is warm and they can usually be easily avoided by nipping into a cafe, a show or onto a ride with an indoor queuing area when you are in the parks or into a shopping mall when you are elsewhere. It never put us off going.
We always went the last 2 weeks in August and the parks seemed a little quieter in the last week (after the bank holiday) I think this is because the American schools to go back earlier in the month.

dawn
06-02-2007, 01:20
Hi Carol,

We always go in August, and no it is not bad at all, we love that time of year. You would have to be very unlucky to be affected by a hurricane in the Orlando area, 2004 was an exception - previous to that I believe it was something like 40 years since the area had been affected.
Toward the end of August the parks are a lot less busy as American schools begin to go back. Last year the weather was glorious and very comfortable.

I am sure you will have a wonderful time, as we always do.

Robert5988
06-02-2007, 01:57
Long thread on this a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_35817.asp

Hurricanes, in the unlikely event you will get one, are just an inconvienience(to tourists) as you get so much notice of them coming.