PDA

View Full Version : Universal/IoA in one day?

NigelM
05-02-2007, 18:09
I plan to get the one day hopper ticket between the two parks and go an a day when it is extended hours (9.00 am to 10.oo pm)

Is this do-able? Can you still ugrade your ticket (in the park) for a two dayer if we are being too ambitious?

roger
05-02-2007, 18:18
If you are not there on peak time (ie when it is busy) and you purchase Universal Express tickets then you will do this easily. It depending how much time you spend browsing as well. Some people like to take their time, and sit and rest. If you literally go from ride to ride, just stopping for food and drink when required then you can do it easily.

NigelM
05-02-2007, 18:24
That is the crux Roger. It is peak (Easter)which goes with the extended opening hours I suppose. We tend not to browse.

Did you know whther we can upograde within the park?

roger
05-02-2007, 20:01
You can buy Universal Express at the Park. When it's busy, the Express passes sell out very early in the day.

I'm not sure, but I imagine you can upgrade to a 2 day ticket within the park. I'm sure Martin will know.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NigelM
That is the crux Roger. It is peak (Easter)which goes with the extended opening hours I suppose. We tend not to browse.

[/quote]

florida4sun
05-02-2007, 20:09
For easter I think it is ambitous to do both parks in one day, you will also be paying a heavy premium for express pass during peak times and they sell out very quickly (can be within 30 minutes). Our 7 day pass is pretty much the same price as a 2 day ticket.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
You can buy Universal Express at the Park. When it's busy, the Express passes sell out very early in the day.

I'm not sure, but I imagine you can upgrade to a 2 day ticket within the park. I'm sure Martin will know.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NigelM

[/quote]
[/quote]

pepsi
05-02-2007, 21:20
We have done these 2 parks in one day but do not recommend it. We had been numerous times before therefore were very selective as to where we went. If it is your first time and as others have said it is at peak times I would definately go for a day at each park.

wrpac00
05-02-2007, 22:21
I would say it would be very difficult to do.

If you are not aware already the express pass will cost you another $50 or $40 per person depending on what date you go.

Albert the Frog
06-02-2007, 16:31
This is do-able but my question would be -why?
These 2 parks are in my humble opinion multi visit rather than rushed.
Can you tell I'm a fan?

Paula D-S
06-02-2007, 16:40
I think two days would be much better and a little more relaxing for you. There is so much to see and do at both parks and it would be a real shame to miss out because you had to hurry up.

Pegasus928
08-02-2007, 00:50
I don't think I would try to do these 2 in one day - but that is because there are so many rides we all like to go on.

You also didn't mention if you had any kids with you or not. If you have it would not be an enjoyable day at all. I would get the 7 day ticket and go twice. At least that way if you do IOA the first time, then go to Universal studios the next time and find you have time at the end of the day you could always go back to IOA and do the rides you enjoyed first time around.

Pegasus

pieman790
08-02-2007, 01:36
You will be very tired at the end of the day. Personally i would do it over 2-3 days and i am sure you will remember/enjoy it better.

NigelM
08-02-2007, 14:08
Thanks.

I really do not like IoA as i am a thrillridephobe (if such a phbia exists) and find that aside from The Popye water ride, the Sinbad show and the posaiedon thingy there is nowt much for me.

Unfortunately my three sons do not share the view and want to o there. I tried to trade this off with a day wt Busch Gdns.

Cheers

NigeM (Wuss)

glasgowmary
09-02-2007, 02:31
nigel !!! i love IOA ! you would love it to if you forget your fear!! go on , try it just for me.[msnwink]