PDA

View Full Version : Crysler Pacifica

christhear
05-02-2007, 02:14
whe we were out in August last year we had a Crysler Pacifica. This was included in our fly drive holiday. i want to book directly through the car hire link but can't work out which grade of car i woulod ned to book. Does anyone know what range it comes under?

ellie
05-02-2007, 02:31
Christine, this is what it says on US Car Hire. Looks like it needs to be a Premium 4 door with Dollar

Premium 4 Door - UK Equivalent: Chrysler 300
Dollar: Chrysler 300 / Chrysler Pacifica or similar
Alamo: Pontiac Bonneville or similar
Budget: Mercury Grand Marquis / Ford Crown Victoria or simila

05-02-2007, 02:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
Christine, this is what it says on US Car Hire. Looks like it needs to be a Premium 4 door with Dollar

[/quote]

That does not seem right the Pacicifa is a 6 seater (3 rows) utilty and the 300 is a is a 4/5 seater sedan[msnscared]

Jules
05-02-2007, 03:08
In September we were given a Pacifica even though we had only booked an intermediate, when we went last month we booked an intermedate again and got a Sebring but the list on the Dollar desk definately had a picture of a Pacifica under the Premium heading.

roger
05-02-2007, 12:10
This is correct - the class of car does not necessarily dictate the number of seats. The Chrysler 300 and the Pacifica are classed as Premium which has no bearing on the number of seats.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2

[/quote]

That does not seem right the Pacicifa is a 6 seater (3 rows) utilty and the 300 is a is a 4/5 seater sedan[msnscared]
[/quote]

05-02-2007, 17:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
This is correct - the class of car does not necessarily dictate the number of seats. The Chrysler 300 and the Pacifica are classed as Premium which has no bearing on the number of seats.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

How would you go about ensuring you got the Pacifica Roger? Next time we go there will be 5 of us and I would really like to try one of these[msnsmile2]

roger
05-02-2007, 18:16
Unfortunately there is no way to ensure this. You need to book the Premium car, then on arrival ask Dollar if they will allocate you the Pacifica. Depending on whether they have one available they may then allocate one to you.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

How would you go about ensuring you got the Pacifica Roger? Next time we go there will be 5 of us and I would really like to try one of these[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

05-02-2007, 20:14
Thanks Roger[msnsmile]

Frosty
06-02-2007, 07:14
I have found that doing it this way round the clerk has no incentive to help you and will assign you which ever car they have in that class.

What i have done the past 2 times is to book an economy through the site and then upgrade at the desk, but only on the proviso that the clerk could get me a Pacifica. It has worked both times and they are happy as they get their cut for the upgrade and if you stick to your guns it doesn't cost anymore that paying for a Premium on the site.

Both times i have got the car at $11 per day extra which is $154 for a 2 week holiday = £80.

The Pacifica is an excellent car, i know own one and love it.

berni_richards
07-02-2007, 20:24
we specifically wanted a pacific and got confirmation that we would get one. On arriving an Orlando International Airport the member of dollar staff was very very rude. I had to have a strope to get a Pacifica and it was a fantastic car to drive and fitted all the baby stuff in as well. SHe said they dont do them anymore but then magically found not 1 but 2 the first one the speedo did not work... amazing that

After my experience I am not sure I would ever use dollar again

Only Hertz & Dollar rent Pacificas, so if you want one do what I did phone up and ask for one tell the dollar person to send you an email confirmation stating Pacifica and then print out the email and take it with you. I think Dollar are phasing them out but I dont like the Chrysler 300 we had one the time before this.