PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks

esprit
02-03-2002, 17:05
The best fire works of all the four theme parks.They are let off over the World Showcase lagoon and it is not alwsys easy to find a good viewing point and especially not one where you can sit down. The beer garden outside the English pub in the English showcase is a perfect vantage point. They give you a funny look if you linger all night over a half of lager waiting for the fireworks to begin so try and co ordinate so your evening meal ( they do typical english pub grub) is half an hour or so before the start of the fireworks so you can keep your seat.

Julie Carty

orlandobabe
03-03-2002, 23:31
They may be the best of the 4 parks now-actually I don't think Animal Kingdom does them-too scary for the animals-but I don't think they are a patch on what they used to be.

I find a lot of the laser stuff boring-and if you aren't at the front-you can't see it properly anyway.

Just my twoppenceworth.

Orlandobabe

esprit
04-03-2002, 01:01
No, you are right Orlandobabe, Animal Kingdom does not do them and MGM abandoned the Sorcery in the Sky for Fantasmic ( not as I am complaining as that is good too, but not that many fireworks) so I guess I should say best of the two! Actually there is a lot to be said for the backdrop of the castle at the Magic Kingdom also, so it is a purely matter of choice. Certainly most guide books go for Epcot as best but what do they know?

Julie Carty

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 02:00
If you take the boat ride over the Lagoon, the driver will tell you where to stand on that particular night so as to avoid the smoke - ie which way the wind is blowing. Have not taken the boat and got caught in some fairly heavy smoke as there are so many fireworks the smoke is plentiful on a windy night.

They will also tell you whether or not the Dream of Nations parade will go ahead - they have to cancel if too windy.

blott
23-09-2002, 02:25
Are these similar fireworks to the ones they had during Millennium year? If so, they were just great and we also found a place to sit whilst we were watching them just past the archway with all Christmas lights and opposite some shops overlooking the lake. We sat there for ages getting frozen whilst waiting for them to start but it was worth the wait!

Blott

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 03:01
Epcot has had fireworks since I can remember and always been fantastic. I do like the laser show - that was particularly good in Millenium year. There was a wonderful pavillion during that time too with lots of extra countries and great things to explore. Fantastic Jerusalum ride. I loved that but alas it has gone.

blott
23-09-2002, 03:08
As OB said, lasers are OK if you can see them properly but on the night we went half of Florida must have been there and it was all rather difficult. We did get a good view of the fireworks though.

Blott

SunLover
07-04-2003, 23:31
I agree with Julie, Illuminations at Epcot are, for me the best fireworks of all the parks. As far as viewing is concerned there are a couple of good niches lakeside opposite Germany and Norway, or by the large arch at Japan. However, most places afford a great view of this brilliant pyrotechic extravaganza ! Yes, I'm a firework freak. Love 'em !!!

Chris [8D]

chrisj
13-08-2003, 03:52
We watched them from the English Pub, Great view great show $7 for a so called English
beer, yuk. Then saw they did cider so I was in my element. We sat there and I had quite a
few ciders, Watched the fireworks which were just out of this world.

Then Wife drove us home and I fell asleep which annoyed her, must have been all that cider

Epcot is the best for fireworks, also think its the best park as well

Chris

mikewj
13-08-2003, 14:28
Do they look even better after a few ciders....not that I'm looking for an excuse....honest !!? ;)

chrisj
14-08-2003, 03:00
everything looks good after a few ciders, even me

but they were fantastic and we are going to go back next year for 2 reasons the kids loved
Epcot the most and for the fireworks, well ok and a few ciders. But to be fair we had been
on the go for 14 hours, it was hot I was tired and well just couldnt help myself.

Ive heard that all firework displays are being stopped at the end of this year as local
residents have been complaining, and this is for all parks

Chris

Kickstart
14-10-2003, 18:02
EPCOT - Every Person Comes Out Tired

We watched from near Morocco and jumped out of our skin when the firework right next to us went off at the end.

These are the best fireworks I've ever seen, the second best were at a pre season Football game in Tampa.

hadrian
23-05-2004, 12:04
Apologies for going off at a slight tangent, but is there a firework display every night in the parks?

Nostromo
24-05-2004, 00:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hadrian
Apologies for going off at a slight tangent, but is there a firework display every night in the parks?
[/quote]

Yes, in Epcot at 9pm in the lagoon.

wilfy
02-08-2004, 19:43
If anyone should be interested in seeing 3 lots of fireworks in one evening.:D we did this last night.

This only works if Magic Kingdom's firework show is on at 10pm. (It was open till 11pm yesterday)

Take a position at Epcot, on the left side of the world showcase lagoon. We were inbetween mexico + norway. At 9pm, you can see MGM's firworks over the top of USA. Then of course Epcot's own brilliant fireworks. As soon as these have finished, it's hoof time. As fast as possible go for the monorail to Magic Kingdom. When you arrive at Magic Kingdon's transportation station, change over to the Magic Kingdom Monorail. (quicker than the ferry). You should be in plenty of time to see Magic Kingdom's fireworks. We left Epcot at 21:15, and were in position on Main Street at 21:40. The added bonus was we got to go on Splash Mountain 3 times and Thunder Mountain Roller coaster twice as there were no queues, and we had an ideal position in Adventure land for the 11pm show of spectro Magic.

A late night , but well worth it.

Mr G
02-08-2004, 20:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wilfy
.... We were inbetween mexico + norway.... [/quote]

I put that somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.... a bit of a trek, but you say it's worth it eh ;)

Seriously, sounds like a great idea, but I think the parks start shortening their hours soon so next week when we go they will be closing earlier.[msnsad]

Nostromo
02-08-2004, 20:58
I wondered if a simpler way would be to valet park the car at the Beach or Yacht club resorts, go to Epcot, stay till its fireworks and then nip back tp the resort to watch the MK fireworks? Since you have used their valet parking, they may allow you to use a vantage point to see 'Wishes', (but I am not sure if there ARE any good spots in these Epcot resorts from which to see MK). Of course, this also only works if the MK show is not before 9:30pm.

heathercobbett
22-08-2004, 21:41
I also love the Epcot fireworks and advise our guests to put them on their "must see"list.

If you have a disabled person with you,there is a roped off area with a superb view.