PDA

View Full Version : Outback steakhouse

porky
12-02-2002, 04:14
A brilliant place to go if you like big helpings and great tasting steaks. The pasta, chicken and rack of lamb are good as well. I like the pink lemonade that just keeps coming at - well somebody has to drive home and it's always me who draws the short straw!

This chain of restaurants is always popular with the locals and sometimes the wait can be rather long. What we have found during our many visits to the USA is that Americans like to eat early so if you don't want to have to wait as long in a queue, the eat that bit later.

Jacqui

orlandobabe
12-02-2002, 14:07
The plane lands! We head to the villa! Freshen up and then off to The Outback!
The scenario never varies-and we still think it's the best steak in town!
Until we find somewhere better of course!

Orlandobabe

carole7007
12-02-2002, 21:51
I will second that, we really liked the Outback.

The first one we visited was down on the 'Keys' we sat outside in the sun and the meal was fantastic. So good we had to go back again !

The good thing is now we have one a couple of miles from the villa at the Splendid China junction.

We can pop in for happy hour !!

orlandobabe
13-02-2002, 00:56
That's the one we use!
I love their coconut and marmalade shrimp starters!

Orlandobabe

denisemahy
13-02-2002, 01:07
I was introduced to the Outback a while ago and we tend to eat there at least once during every visit - sometimes more!! It is really good. We go to the one on the 192 near John Young Parkway. It does get very busy with a wait of 30 mins not uncommon - although this is a good sign especially as the locals eat there too. A word of warning from someone who was caught out - if you decide on a starter the Blooming Onion is rather large - we usually share one between four!!!
Denise

Julieb
13-02-2002, 19:03
I agree the wait can be very long. Last Easter we waited 2 hours for a table. We have also had a take-away from there. We just phoned it through and collected it 30 minutes later.

orlandobabe
13-02-2002, 23:34
You can phone ahead to say you are on your way or something as they don't book tables. We did this on New Year's Eve and only waited about 15 mins.

Orlandobabe

denisemahy
14-02-2002, 01:47
Phone ahead! Now there's a good idea!! Why didn't we think of that?
We'll give that a go next time, as well as the take away!

Denise

Julieb
25-02-2002, 16:15
Things never change! We tried to get a table last Wednesday night at 6 and the wait was 70 minutes, we opted for a take-way in the end just 30 minutes. 2 growing teenagers need their food now!

Julieb

markemma
02-03-2002, 01:41
We normally turn up and put our name down, take the buzzer and hit the shops nearby.

Emma