PDA

View Full Version : programming the sat nav

mizzy
02-02-2007, 19:42
ok so i've ordered from here a sat nav for my holiday[msnsmile]that was the easy bit

but can i ask do i supply villa details to be programmed in by yourselves or is this something we have to do ourselves at home

we've never had any experience using a sat nav and i'm a bit hit and miss when it comes to new technical things[msnscared]

also do i carry it onboard as hand luggage?

Homer
02-02-2007, 19:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
ok so i've ordered from here a sat nav for my holiday[msnsmile]that was the easy bit

but can i ask do i supply villa details to be programmed in by yourselves or is this something we have to do ourselves at home

we've never had any experience using a sat nav and i'm a bit hit and miss when it comes to new technical things[msnscared]

also do i carry it onboard as hand luggage?
[/quote]

I had one lastyear and we sent the villa address to USA car hire and they programmed it as the "HOME" address

Definatley take it on as hand luggage as then you will have it ready for when you pick up the car

Remember the unit needs to be switched on for a good 5 mins to connect to the sattelite system

But you will not regret it

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-02-2007, 20:09
If you email us the address you are staying at before we dispatch the unit, we will get it as the home location on the unit, then all you need do is touch the screen and select Navigate To &gt; Home and follow the directions [msnsmile].

mizzy
02-02-2007, 23:35
thanks John

i will email you soon with the address[msnsmile]

anorak
03-02-2007, 03:42
I have a tomtomgo one with a 2gb memory card which I bought separate and the US/Canada maps. As we have family in USA and Canada who we drive to see it seemed worth getting , the US maps also came with a very detailed map of Florida.
It is so worth having, and easy to use as well, nice big screen and clear sound, seems to work anywhere in the car, dont need to use the bracket to hold it on a window.

Only thing I would say is that if you leave on the seat turn it upside down, the speaker is in the back on mine, its a lot louder then, also never look at the screen on I4 or you will become a statistic.

If you use it to go to a point of interest like Seaworld which has multiple entrances and is a big site use your own judgement on the last half mile or so or you may be directed wrongly.
And NEVER leave it on show in the car when parked, also remove the power lead from sight, don't give a clue to anyone looking in the car that you have one or it will get nicked.

I also got maps for Uk and Europe, just so useful.