PDA

View Full Version : SHARKS @ SEA WORLD

crow
01-02-2007, 20:20
We are thinking of doing the underwater shark tour. has anyone done this? Also does this price include admission to sea world or not?
Cheers

nicklangdon
01-02-2007, 21:41
All the tours i've looked at don't include admission -we've booked the shark encounter for next tuesday -get to touch a shark! [msnsmile2] i'm sooo excited!

Ali

ShirleyD
01-02-2007, 21:54
Let us know all about it Ali

mizzy
02-02-2007, 00:56
we've booked onto the saving a species tour when we visit in march, will let you know how that one is and look forward to reading about the shark encounter[msnsmile]

we booked online and the tour price does not include admission

nicklangdon
02-02-2007, 22:25
I'll report back shirley -i hope its good as i want to do the 'touch a penguin'tour when we take the kids with us in may.

Ali

mizzy
02-02-2007, 23:32
they no longer do the penguin encounter tour Ali, this was our first choice and it's not available anymore[msnsad]

now there seems to be only the three tours- saving a species, dolphin encounter and shark tours on offer

will let you know how the saving a species one goes down with us in march

nicklangdon
20-02-2007, 20:12
The predators tour was great -we went behind the scenes at the shamu stadium for a talk on killer whales and were allowed to film and take photos.Next we went behind shark encounter into a room where we learnt about sharks and got to touch a shark.Then we headed upstairs and got to look over the large tank and could even see the visitors walking through the tunnel.We really enjoyed ourselves and thought it was well worth the money.
I will post some photos soon.

Ali

christhear
20-02-2007, 20:37
We did the penguin one last summer, it was behind the scenes at Wild Arctic then you went to another part of the park and got to stroke a penguin - Not the ones in the actual penguin enclosure.
this tour was $16 and lasted about an hour.

Just been on the website - its the polar expedition tour, gone up to $18 plus tax but there is now a reduced price for children