PDA

View Full Version : School hols flights - going cheap

edlea
30-01-2007, 12:36
Just booked Manchester - Miami July 25th for two weeks.
£430 with Delta.[msnoo]
Bargain ......... but it won't last long.

palmvillas
30-01-2007, 14:10
That's a great price[msnsmile]

Debbie

30-01-2007, 15:11
Thats not direct I suppose so where is it via?

ellie
30-01-2007, 15:59
Great price, Edward, guess it might be Atlanta, Georgia. Delta's Atlanta hub is the largest airline hub in the world.

We have flown into Atlanta several times, its a nice airport. Am sure you will have a great flight.

Sue and Jere
30-01-2007, 19:17
Great price.
Still can't decide to go in the holidays again or not.

Cruella DeVilla
30-01-2007, 19:49
It'll be via Atlanta.

mfairhurst
30-01-2007, 20:09
Have you signed up for skymiles with DELTA even booking with a agent you can sign up on their web site and if you travel again with them they soon mount up .
We have traveled many times with DELTA and the hostess are very polite and look after children .
Atlanta Airport have many shops and eating outlet so if you have time beween flightsyou will be ok ,
You go by train to your next departure bay just like MCO AT ORLANDO they will explain when you go to baggage pickup and they will tell you to put it onto carousel marked orlando .
Enjoy your holiday and flight .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

floridageoff
30-01-2007, 20:52
Delta having started flying to JFK again from Manchester, so could be via New York. We flew this flight in November.

pepsi
30-01-2007, 21:25
We have also flown many times with Delta and have always been highly satisfied with the service.

CarolAnn
31-01-2007, 02:22
We have flown Delta too barbara, no issues at all. The price was definately worth it too:)

lorraine51
31-01-2007, 02:33
Well done on your flight prices. We've never flown with Delta,perhaps it's time we gave it a try.[msncool]

mollymolly
31-01-2007, 11:32
Great flight prices. We fly Delta because they also fly into Tampa, Sarasota and Fort Myers - so convenient for the Gulf Coast. Its worth checking back with them as there are always offers on.

Bernadette

edlea
07-02-2007, 20:51
The flight is Manchester - Miami via Atlanta, Georgia.
But it's not available anymore ..............

ellie
07-02-2007, 23:24
AA do direct flights to Miami, and often have great prices. Seats are very good with plenty of legroom, too.

Robert5988
08-02-2007, 04:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:AA do direct flights to Miami, and often have great prices. Seats are very good with plenty of legroom, too.[/quote]

If you are talking about Manchester to Miami you are out of date.

The Manchester to Miami service on AA stopped about a year ago. They now have a daily flight to Chicago and from April a daily flight to Boston(this flight has been seasonalApril-Dec, but might become all year round.)

Secondly the scheme giving extra legroom on all AA planes(called MRTC = More Room Throughout Coach) was not a commercial success and has been stopped. They now have the same legroom as most of the major airlines - a great pity. Everyone bleats about the lack of legroom and yet when AA offered more legroom for the same price it simply didn't attract enough extra passengers. It was the only reason I started using AA.

edlea
08-02-2007, 20:21
Well, what was £430 when I booked is still available at .... ahem ...... £793. [:O]
Good job I booked when I did.
Ed's "top tip" for flight prices : at least once per day between September and march, type what you require into ebookers or Opodo.
When you see a flight from anywhere in England to anywhere in Florida at £450 or less for the july / August school hols period, snap it up.
Downside - we're teachers so have to go in school hols time [msnsad]
Upside - we stay for 4 weeks.[:O]:D[8D]