PDA

View Full Version : REFURB SCHEDULE

sunshine state
04-09-2003, 15:41
If anyone is interested here is the refurbs for Islands Of Adventure

[u]Islands of Adventur</u>e
• Popeye and Bluto&#39;s Bilge-Rat Barges will be closed during the month of September.
• Storm Force Accelatron operates only on weekends.
• The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad will go on seasonal-only status on September 1, 2003.
• The Discovery Center is currently closed.
• Triceratops Discovery Trail will be closed until December.

Chris7
04-09-2003, 17:11
very useful - Thanks

mikewj
05-09-2003, 01:45
Maybe being a bit stoopid here, but what exactly does "seasonal-only status" mean ?

sunshine state
05-09-2003, 02:55
I think it means that it will only be open for certain months of the year like the busy periods i cant gurantee this though.

DMC
05-09-2003, 13:29
Thnaks for the up date, it gives us an idea what to expect to be open when we go next week.

DMC

esprit
13-10-2003, 05:28
The Bilge Rat Barges is still closed - it is totally drained of water- and we are now well into October. Sinbad is closed ( it says for maintenance). Triceratops Encounter is closed. And the theatre where the Extreme show etc usually takes place is cuurently in use for the Bill and Ted show for the Horror Nights so is closed during the day. Went today with our annual passes and I was very glad I hadnt spent 50 bucks on the day as with so much closed and big gueues for what was left ( over an hour for Poseidons Fury, didnt bother!), I would have been meeved if I had paid full price. Moreover you get turfed out at 5.30 so they can get the park ready for the Horror Nights. I thought of my guests and wondered if anyone had been today for the first time and thought it was always like that.

esprit
16-11-2003, 07:48
Went again today and there is a lot still shut. Bilge Rat Barges is still shut as is the Triceratops Encounter, the Pterandon Flyers, The Jurassic Park Discovery Center and the large theatre. Sinbad is back but only two shows a day and that may be just at weekends. The Storm Force Accelerator is still on at weekends only. This puts a lot of pressure on the other rides. We have annual passes. I am not sure I would pay for a day pass as it is at present.