PDA

View Full Version : Fishing for 5 people

jock
25-01-2007, 15:09
I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere around the Kissimmee area that will accomodate 5 people for fishing? Ive tried a few websites but, they all seem to cater for 1-3 people. We're not too fussy on the type of fishing, just something where theres a chance of catching decent sized fish, on a boat or shore.
Something a bit more exciting than Scotlands trout and salmon, y'know?

Thank you in advance

Lynne S
25-01-2007, 17:02
Hi John,

I've just found this bit of info for you, are you staying in a villa ? Kissimmee has plenty of lakes and there maybe fishing on the community or resort that you are staying at. My husband caught quite a few 3 to 5lb fish on our resort just a couple of weeks ago.

Enjoy

Fishing in Kissimmee/Orlando
You can not see it from the roads as you drive to the areas resorts and playgrounds but you are surrounded by water. The Upper Kissimmee Basin is inter-connected by a series of canals rich in fishing opportunities.

These waters feed the Kissimmee River, that goes on to form the headwaters of the Kissimmee, Okeechobee and Everglades ecosystem.

--- ---

A total of 15 lakes make up the chain. The two largest are West Lake Tohopekaliga in Kissimmee and East Lake Tohopekaliga in the nearby community of St. Cloud. commonly referred to as either 'West or East Lake Toho'. A Florida Fishing License is required to fish in either lake.

There are several different types of license available - 'Freshwater' applies to the inland waters and 'Sal[bad language filtered out]er' for use at the oceans. As most of our coverage will be limited to the inland waters, we will focus our attention here...

A Non-Resident license will currently cost you approximately $16.50, valid for 7-days from the date of issue. Licenses can be purchased at one of the area's fishing facilities or at one of the local department stores e.g. the sporting goods section of Wal-Mart.

There are also two area marinas- 'Big Toho Marina' in downtown Kissimmee, and 'East Lake Fish Camp' located at the eastern end of Osceola Parkway, on Boggy Creek Road.

Bait is available at either marina and can also be purchased at Wal-Mart.

:):)

Liesel
25-01-2007, 17:11
I'm not sure if I am allowed to put a link in this section so I have sent you a dm with a link to some guys who run fishing trips around Kissimmee. They are guides, not tour operators and they take up to 6 people.

Liesel

wrpac00
25-01-2007, 21:31
You could try any of the state parks that have lakes.

Robert5988
25-01-2007, 21:49
On the Atlantic side there are loads of charter boats going from Cape Canaveral or Sebastian.

Do a 'google' for 'fishing atlantic canaveral' and you will find loads.

Do resist the temptation to go out on the big party boats - they can be a nightmare with you spending most of the time untangling lines.